baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

Scott's rant is too long to read, anyone want to give me the highlights.

Basically SW success is bad for Hollywood because it will cause every studio to invest in nostalgia projects instead of original projects.

Has he been sick for the last 10 years?  It's been heading that way for about a decade now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Me and Tele just made a bet.  I say it drops 5% or less....he has it at 17%, the middle number here is 11%.  Whoever is closer is declared the winner and the loser will donate $25.00 to the site towards the 2016 goal.

Much to learn you still have, Tele.

< 11% is a

71ytmRdg0%2BL._SX450_.jpg

• Like 2

I guess I miss the point of Mendelson was trying to make? This has been going on now for the better part of a decade and Star Wars has nothing to do with it. Hell, movie studios have since the beginning mined their past for material that is remake ready.... This was discussed heavily what a year or so ago about how the movie going experience was going to become something reserved for blockbusters like this... so either he doesn't follow trends (which isn't true, he is fairly decent with his reporting normally) or he is unwilling to allow his dislike of the movie to be put aside in favor of subjective analysis and reporting.... (which sounds like a bunch of folks on this site as well ;)  )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

I'm with baumer. I don't see anyway it drops close to 20% today. Most movies in the past either increased or stayed flat so 5-7% is a good prediction for today.

Tell that to our scruffy looking nerf herder, Tele.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Post what wildphantom?  Should I tell him that I could write a rebuttal to his ridiculous jibberish?

Write the rebuttal and put it on his article. I dare ya! 

Mind you, you don't want to then end up having a debate with the types that write on his articles. Cynics and haters of the kind you only find in the depths of the sarlaac 

Edited by wildphantom

5 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Basically SW success is bad for Hollywood because it will cause every studio to invest in nostalgia projects instead of original projects.

Has he been sick for the last 10 years?  It's been heading that way for about a decade now.

Yeah, we are well past that stage. Whats left to reboot anyway

Tried posting this in his comments section and it wouldn't let me:

Scott, your article is really way off base and you are letting your apathy towards the film blind you.  Much to learn about the business you still have.  Studios are already more focused on franchises now than they ever have been.  Look at the box office numbers for the year and take a look at what is making money.  "Good" films like Spotlight and The Big Short and so on, are going to whimper out of the theaters while films like The Hunger Games, Jurassic World, Spectre and TFA are going to take huge amounts of money.  Studios will make what they think consumers will buy, Star Wars TFA isn't going to cause this, it just reinforces it.  Shame you use your hate to try to make a point.  Hate leads to suffering and that leads to the dark side.  

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Actually we should have some kind of buffer...like if it falls between 10.8 and 11.2%, then yes, ED has to pay.  HAHAHAHAHAHAH

How about this.... Baumer supplies the Pod and the entry fee, and Tele supplies the boy. If it end up at 11% you split the winnings 50/50 I think.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Tell that to our scruffy looking nerf herder, Tele.

Funny thing is, he was using ROTK and Avatar for his drops. ROTK isn't good comparison this week since Christmas was mid week but Avatar aligns perfectly, it actually increased. 

Let's wait for Rth to drop the hammer with 35M+.

14 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

When Disney has taken chances in the past......they've been burned. Then Iger has to go to the stockholders and explain his mistake. I really liked "John Carter". I guess I was one of the few.

Makes it very hard for corporations to take these chances....

Edited by Ocho
  • Like 1

Just now, The Panda Menace said:

The Twister Returns

Armageddon Again:  Return of Dotty: the Vicious Life Sucking Bitch From Which there is no Escape

This time it's personal

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Actually we should have some kind of buffer...like if it falls between 10.8 and 11.2%, then yes, ED has to pay.  HAHAHAHAHAHAH

WTF. I don't gamble. :ph34r:

• Like 2