druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

2 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Really, the only Joy anyone should be enjoying is one from the Inside Out.

Joy is this year's Big Eyes, meant to be a sure-fire Oscah winnah for its star but doomed to critical and financial failure. No one took the bait. :sadno:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

If I were an Avatar fan I'd celebrate the last days of the reign with watching the movie again, then watching the prequel, Dances With Wolves, and painting my face blue, naturally. Right now, all I can say to Avatar is please keep the throne warm. We'll be there shortly. 

Cake will be served. LOL. 

I can totally imagine you making this post while dancing like this

crazyfrogbrothers.gif

Edited by vc2002

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Its not increasing just 1 million on Saturday.

Which is why I said this:

13 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

Keep in mind, the numbers I gave are on the conservative/low end. 

TFA has proven to us that it doesn't follow normal BO rules, it makes it own.

Wouldn't be surprised if it beats Avatar on Jan 2nd, or even Jan 1st. 

A few minutes later. The numbers I gave are super conservative and on the low end. The numbers weren't whole, I just rounded them DOWN.

Sunday's gross is not about the 2nd weekend record (it should be 1 million off or so). Its about putting the 2nd weekend record out of reach for the next decade +. TFA beat the OW record by 20% or so, it will beat the 2nd weekend record by 40-50%..... 

5 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

When TFA grosses around $765 on its 17th day and performs similar to Avatar, it will finish its run with $1.627b. That's domestic, by the way.

It will easily cross Avatar's DOM collections but highly unlikely it will reach 1.1bn let alone 1.6bn. 

1 minute ago, Vadermort said:

It will easily cross Avatar's DOM collections but highly unlikely it will reach 1.1bn let alone 1.6bn. 

TFA will be at 800m by end of next week. It will easily beat 1.1b. It will not come close to 1.6b, though.

Just now, HeyItsMoses said:

On its 17th day Avatar's grossed $352m, then finished its run with $749m.

When TFA grosses around $765 on its 17th day and performs similar to Avatar, it will finish its run with $1.627b. That's domestic, by the way.

Woah, that's confidence!

• Like 1

Just now, Elessar said:

TFA will be at 800m by end of next week. It will easily beat 1.1b. It will not come close to 1.6b, though.

1 billion isn't a sure thing right now.  Its likely if it continues to hold well in January, but definitely not locked yet imo.

• Like 2

Haha, some of you guys are really bullish! I am still being very conservative, just hoping TFA passes Avatar by January 8 or so. Of course, given great holds, yes, I agree it'll be by the end of next weekend but that still seems like everything has to go quite well, with no real slow downs. We'll see, sure hope you guys are right!

It seems weird that there's probably almost no way this movie doesn't make $900M+. Like... I cannot believe I'm writing that. It's just that doing the math, with the ease that it'll pass Avatar, it seems like it would be tough to imagine it not hitting $900M. Maybe a very fast January collapse could yield $875M but that's about as low as I can see. Whatever movie will challenge TFA's domestic total next, it's going to need to be a monster. I thought Avatar was nearly unassailable, and yet TFA will take it out within a month easily. Not even like it was that difficult. 

I worried months ago that maybe TFA could beat Avatar or come close, but I'd be reloading box office stats daily watching it make $250,000 per day with Avatar $15 million away and just thinking please god don't pull this movie before we get there! LOL, thankfully that will not be the case. This is like watching your favorite sports team in a game that's supposed to be extremely close but your team is up so big at the half there's just really no way they could blow it lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ozymandias said:

1 billion isn't a sure thing right now.  Its likely if it continues to hold well in January, but definitely not locked yet imo.

How is it not locked? Again, by Jan 3rd it'll be at about $800m, coming off a $100m weekend. ROTK was coming off a 28m weekend and made additional 87m, a multi of about 3. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

How is it not locked? Again, by Jan 3rd it'll be at about $800m, coming off a $100m weekend. ROTK was coming off a 28m weekend and made additional 87m, a multi of about 3. 

I hope you're right, but not setting myself up for disappointment :)

• Like 2