#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

Just now, DAJK said:

????

What math did you use?

The same as everyone else here.

My predictions on Friday are going strong so far!

Total by end of Friday 686m

Sat +35m: 721

Sun: +22m: 743

Mon: +9m: 752

Tues: +7m: 759m

Wens +7m: 766m

Thurs +6m: 772m

Fri +12m: 790m

Sat +22m: 812m

Sun +14m: 826m (48m weekend)

Mon +6m: 832m

tues +5m: 837m

wens +5m: 842m
thurs +4m: 848m

weekend +25m: 873m

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

That's not how it works usually, very likely we won't have a thread until tomorrow morning.

usually thread is created when Rth gives a number, at the latest when DL gives a number. Key is when we have some sort of an estimate someone starts the thread.

2 hours ago, Rth said:

Bulk of College out this week and a lot next, others this week small %(majority are out monday, return tues,wed)

I've got 2 in HS and 1 in MS and they go back on Wed. I teach in a neighboring county and we had to go back today. It's NOT fair!!!! I'm going to load them down with so many chores they'll be BEGGING me to take them to see TFA, BEGGING I SAY!

Days to #1 on the All Time US Chart

The Force Awakens: 20 or 21

Titanic: 86

E.T.: 217 (would've been 198 if Star Wars wasn't reissued in late August of 1982 in the middle of E.T.s run)

Length or US Chart reign

The Force Awakens: ??? (January 6 or 7, 2016 - ???)

Avatar: 2164 or 5 days - (February 2, 2010 - January 6 or 7, 2016)

Titanic: 4342 days - (March 14, 1998 - February 1, 2010)

Star Wars (SE): 394 days - (February 13, 1997 - March 13, 1998)

E.T: 5144 days - (January 13, 1983 - February 12, 1997)

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, tokila said:

usually thread is created when Rth gives a number, at the latest when DL gives a number. Key is when we have some sort of an estimate someone starts the thread.

Not sure you understand this but that will not happen on weekdays starting today. The nightly updates from either RTH or DL only happen during special releases like we just had over the holidays (& sometimes during the big part of the summer schedule). Now that we are getting back to a normal schedule, you can expect those updates on weekends only.

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Not sure you understand this but that will not happen on weekdays starting today. The nightly updates from either RTH or DL only happen during special releases like we just had over the holidays (& sometimes during the big part of the summer schedule). Now that we are getting back to a normal schedule, you can expect those updates on weekends only.

and what I said was correct. When we get some real numbers we will get a thread. Did not say when that could be. Unless they will start a thread prior to numbers now.

Just now, tokila said:

and what I said was correct. When we get some real numbers we will get a thread. Did not say when that could be. Unless they will start a thread prior to numbers now.

Yep you weren't wrong, I just added clarification for the guy asking why there won't be a thread tonight.

3 hours ago, e1828 said:

I have posted charts for Fastest to $550 million and $600 million (before The-Numbers had updated for TFA)

For consecutive days $20+ million (not sure if complete for 4 days):

1)  Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 17

2)  Spiderman 2 - 6

T3) Despicable Me 2 - 5

T3) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - 5

T3) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 5

T3) Jurassic World - 5

T3) The Dark Knight - 5

T3) Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 5

T3) Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 5

T10) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - 4

T10) Shrek 2 - 4 

T10) Star Wars Ep. II: Attack of the Clones - 4

T10) Star Wars Ep. III: Revenge of the Sith - 4

T10) The Hangover Part II - 4

T10) The Matrix Reloaded - 4

T10) Twilight Saga: Eclipse - 4

For consecutive days $30+ million, this is currently quite a boring list as it simply consists of: 

1) Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 6

At least 20 other movies - 3

We can add this record as unbreakable. Like Titanic's run at consecutive n#1 weekend run type of stuff. No other movie will even come close to 17 straight days with $20+ million again.

This is as impressive as any other unbreakable records.

18 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Except that it's not totally unlikely that, because TFA is what it is, we'll still get updates tonight. Maybe not, but maybe so.

8 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

Except that it's not totally unlikely that, because TFA is what it is, we'll still get updates tonight. Maybe not, but maybe so.

No it really is almost certain we will not be getting nightly updates anymore on weekdays lol but believe what you want.