#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

Just now, miketheavenger said:

I think it's funny that TFA is going to make $90-95 million in its third weekend which is more than what some people thought it would make on its OW, yet people are still complaining. Sometimes I just don't understand this forum.

Come on.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, tokila said:

its only 40-45 million about JW's 3rd weekend, this is a serious issue.......

or not. 

That said the 1 billion dream is going to relying on TFA finding a point where its drops stabilize soon. A 40% drop next weekend and 25% drop (MLK) the next should be enough to keep it on a path to 1 bil. 

lol "only"

The meltdowns this week are going to be hilarious

7 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I think it's funny that TFA is going to make $90-95 million in its third weekend which is more than what some people thought it would make on its OW, yet people are still complaining. Sometimes I just don't understand this forum.

Wait somebody thought that it would only make like 5-6m more then the hobbit?!

40 minutes ago, tokila said:

its only 40-45 million about JW's 3rd weekend, this is a serious issue.......

or not. 

That said the 1 billion dream is going to relying on TFA finding a point where its drops stabilize soon. A 40% drop next weekend and 25% drop (MLK) the next should be enough to keep it on a path to 1 bil. 

You still think that 1 billion is still feasible? Seems substantially less likely.

A 40% drop next weekend would be too much for the film to get to 1 billion. How would the math even work?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

People that ever thought that low for OW were trolling or simply not thinking. But yes, 90-95m is still insane for a third weekend. 

I don't know what there is to melt down about...? I mean once it beats Avatar, after that it's all just gravy. Sure, $1B would be nice, but $900M is a lock and it'll probably land somewhere between those two numbers. It really doesn't make THAT big of a difference, as we're just talking about the gravy at this point. I'm rooting like heck for it to get to $1B but I just wanted it to beat Avatar from the start. I'm a happy camper in a few short days. :P

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Avatar was last seen listening to Viva La Vida on loop, singing along to, "I used to rule the world, seas would rise when I gave the word. Now in the morning, I sleep alone. Sweep the streets that I used to own." lol

But, but... Avatar will remain ruler of the world. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. ;)

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I don't know what there is to melt down about...? I mean once it beats Avatar, after that it's all just gravy. Sure, $1B would be nice, but $900M is a lock and it'll probably land somewhere between those two numbers. It really doesn't make THAT big of a difference, as we're just talking about the gravy at this point. I'm rooting like heck for it to get to $1B but I just wanted it to beat Avatar from the start. I'm a happy camper in a few short days. :P

1b is far from off the table yet either, so it's not like we're saying goodbye to that. We will need a nasty tumble next weekend for that to happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Thing is, how close will it come to Avatar worldwide?

That seems far less clear at this point. I doubt it will beat it worldwide, but it would be nice if it got close.

That's true, I doubt it will beat it either. My guess is $500 million away frankly. I think Titanic worldwide is in sight, which for me would be pretty awesome. I like Avatar, it had favorable exchange rates, and I don't really care if it keeps the WW title. Product of the times. Although it would be cool to beat it WW, it won't happen most likely. Beating Titanic WW though would be pretty sweet.

17 minutes ago, straggler said:

Films like Joy are very dependent on reviews. Couple mixed reviews with an extremely competitive market right now and its not surprising that it is lagging behind American Hustle, which had really great reviews in a less competitive market. But this movie will keep making money through March. Personally I liked it better than American Hustle.  But I'm not sure what easy sell means in this case. It was not a broad commercial film (DOR films tend to be off center), it has divisive reviews and it is odd. More I Heart Huckabees than The Fighter or Silver Linings. 

It's an easy sell because it's a true story about a self made success, those types of stories sell well, which is why it had a good OD (in fact after its OD many on here were declaring how big of a success it was and suggesting that it would do American Hustle numbers). The fact that the movie immediately began having worse holds than all of its comparable movies and has continued that pattern throughout its first week shows that it is the WOM reception of the movie that is problem.

1 hour ago, ecstasy said:

Rth probably had a hot date on NYE and was wildin' out. He may not even bothered to crunch box office numbers.

I really hope that for him...

1 hour ago, BATMOOSEMIKE said:

Although for some reason, this movie keeps missing out on milestones by a tiny little bit. At this rate it'll have a 99.7M weekend and a 999M domestic final.:D

I think slightly under $90m is possible since a few days, but put just for that a $99.somehing into ED's thread.

Now I am thinking it might be really under $90m... as in missing Amercan Sniper's first full weekend

23 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

if it was within 5 million I bet Disney would just fudge it slowly over.

they pulled a top 20 movie, I think based on disc relealse date or so

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Come on.

see beneath

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

People that ever thought that low for OW were trolling or simply not thinking. But yes, 90-95m is still insane for a third weekend. 

It depends on which time frame, as in a longer time (remember e.g. the summer 'disappointments'?) before the release date I saw such posts too and they didn't look like trolling, as in at all.

• Like 1

Yesterday, with the great thursday hold, we spoke about 1,1bln, now with a friday lower then expected we are back arguing about 900 mln locked or not. Let's se how saturday will go... and keep calm[emoji5]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

1 minute ago, nickitaly said:

Yesterday, with the great thursday hold, we spoke about 1,1bln, now with a friday lower then expected we are back arguing about 900 mln locked or not. Let's se how saturday will go... and keep calmemoji5.png

'we'?

Way not all here think so (but a lot more hope so) ;)

Holy crap Daddy's Home is a beast!

And while Star Wars is starting to slow down at my theatre (made "only" 35M today) it's already at the equivalent of 950M total. 

Still, the thing I'll remember tonight was the kid that puked his guts out in the bathroom. Not just once. Seriously, there was stuff ALL OVER the floor. Me and the other usher spent 45 minutes cleaning it and we had to put an Out of Order sign on the bathroom door it was awful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nickitaly said:

Yesterday, with the great thursday hold, we spoke about 1,1bln, now with a friday lower then expected we are back arguing about 900 mln locked or not. Let's se how saturday will go... and keep calm[emoji5]

'we'?

Way not all here think so (but a lot more hope so) [emoji6]

Forgive me, I'm italian. I'm writing in a very basic form. It was just intended as "some of us". [emoji38]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Come on dude.. You have to elaborate a little?? How so??? Aside from Bryce Dallas Howard outrunning a T-Rex in heels, what else???

Bro, there are so many plot hols in that movie and moments of utter goofiness, trying to list them all would  take forever,

The movie was incredibly dumb!

• Like 1