#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

the drop for Joy seems steep in comparison to the other adult fare - and deadline still hasn't learned that you cannot compare the limited release days with normal release days since they are claiming Joy is 95% ahead of American Hustle through the 10day mark - no shit..... but compare the wide release and yeah, its falling behind and has been since opening day.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

the drop for Joy seems steep in comparison to the other adult fare - and deadline still hasn't learned that you cannot compare the limited release days with normal release days since they are claiming Joy is 95% ahead of American Hustle through the 10day mark - no shit..... but compare the wide release and yeah, its falling behind and has been since opening day.

Yup it's shit! Joy will be lucky to make 80m at this point. It's failing way behind AH, and WOM is also much worse.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Joy will have weak legs. Good WOM for Big Short seems to have started percolating as I expected (with Joy and Hateful Eight likely to have mixed WOM and Revenant likely to be in the same boat among general audiences, this movie has a real chance to flourish over the coming weeks) but Concussion held much better than I expected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Hateful 8 Cinemascore only a B

Not that CinemaScore matters, but after I saw the Hateful Eight I knew it wasn't going to play well with a mainstream audience like Django did.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Not that CinemaScore matters, but after I saw the Hateful Eight I knew it wasn't going to play well with a mainstream audience like Django did.

How can something have less appealing than Django?

It was pretty ugly stuff.

• Like 1

I am so confused at what people here expected Joy to do.  'It's only going to make 80 or so'.  Shit, for the kind of film this is thats great.  I know the budget is 60, but this was never going to make much more than 100, no matter the budget.  It was a really tough sell, that got mild reviews and a crowded market.  No other actress could have gotten the film to half that in a similar situation.  Did people really expect a story about the Miracle Mop to put up American Hustle numbers!?

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How can something have less appealing than Django?

It was pretty ugly stuff.

The same way that killing a bunch of Nazi's is.  Horrible racists and Nazi's getting their comeuppance is something that everyone can understand.

Hateful isn't that easy.  But I like that.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Common theme in this thread: CALM DOWN GUYS ITS A FANTABULOUS NUMBER...

& that's correct. Still a shame it couldn't get over $100m barrier for a mind blowing 3rd weekend in a row. Would've had a nice ring to it.

You want a dose of force lightning don't you Cal? DON'T YOOUUU!!! You're crushing my dreams!!! 

:(

Edited by VenomXXR