druv10

8M TFA Rth Monday number!!! SW7 has surpassed TA1 & F7 for 4th alltime WW!!!

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I would be shocked if it drops below $50 million. It's January + nothing new is out + it's holding well + it's RT rating is 94. It's 4th weekend would have to drop a higher % from it's 3rd weekend more than Age of Ultron did to get below $50 million. I don't see that happening. 

AOU wasn't dropping off an inflated holiday w/e, while it's 4th w/e was Memorial day w/e.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

AOU wasn't dropping off an inflated holiday w/e, while it's 4th w/e was Memorial day w/e.

TFA is 4% ahead of Avatar through it's 3rd Mon/Tues totals ($16 mil vs $15.4 mil), meaning it's on pace for at least a matching weekend ($50.3 mil). I still think it's weekend will bump up more especially now that it'll be the "biggest movie in US history". It dropped a little less than 40% all 3 weekends while filling huge demand during the week. I don't see it dropping more than that now especially since most of the demand will be concentrated on the weekends.

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

But you also have to understand that everyone and their mother rushed out like crazy to see this in it's 1st 2 weeks with the Holiday, so naturally, it's going to drop when all this is over and people go back to work and school... TFA has already more than made it's $$$$ and beat AVATAR and that's all that matters at this point..

To you perhaps, but that was a given after it's first full week, it was just a matter of when. What matters to me is it get's to $1 billion. There's always going to be a "next" box office champ, but there's only going to be one movie that was 1st to get to $1 billion. 

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

To you perhaps, but that was a given after it's first full week, it was just a matter of when. What matters to me is it get's to $1 billion. There's always going to be a "next" box office champ, but there's only going to be one movie that was 1st to get to $1 billion. 

And by a ridiculous margin as well if it makes it. $760M --> $1B 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Unless this is re-released as a SPECIAL EDITION with New Footage, it's not happening.. Still, it's going to be the 1st movie to make close to 900M Domestic and there will be no other movie to come around to challenge it.. Not MARVEL or WB/DC.. EPISODE VIII is the only other movie to come close and that's basically it...

900M is a done deal. In fact, it's more likely to hit 1B than to miss 900M. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Unless this is re-released as a SPECIAL EDITION with New Footage, it's not happening.. Still, it's going to be the 1st movie to make close to 900M Domestic and there will be no other movie to come around to challenge it.. Not MARVEL or WB/DC.. EPISODE VIII is the only other movie to come close and that's basically it...

No other movie to come around to challenge it? Huh? All movies fall at some point. This one will also. No movie since Gone With The Wind has been BO champ for more than 14 years. If TFA only get's to $900 million (or less since you say "close to") then it'll fall inside of 10 years. Avatar beat Titanic's initial run by almost 30%. If TFA does $900 million, that will only be 20% above Avatar and Avatar only held the domestic crown for 6 years. 

Such a great time to be tracking boxoffices. This is history in the making. I've been following the box-office since the early 90s and this is my top 3 run of all-time (behind Avatar and Titanic and ahead of MBFGW, Sixth Sense, JW, etc). May end up surpassing Avatar in terms of enjoyment. For me...

7 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

And by a ridiculous margin as well if it makes it. $760M --> $1B 

I wouldn't go that far ($760m guarantees $1bn) but I like its chances IF Disney makes a push. They have to prolong this thing somehow.

15 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Overall, though, it's much better paced than FURIOUS 7.

No doubt. Abrams greatest strength is pacing and homogenizing his favorites. But, he's a pretty stale action director. As is Trevorrow for that matter. One of the disappointments in Disney opting for Abrams instead of Matthew Vaughn and Brad Bird passing on the project.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

No doubt. Abrams greatest strength is pacing and homogenizing his favorites. But, he's a pretty stale action director. As is Trevorrow for that matter. One of the disappointments in Disney opting for Abrams instead of Matthew Vaughn and Brad Bird passing on the project.

Was Vaughn really in the running?  He's dropped out of big films several times so I can see why Disney would be shy of him since they were on such a tight schedule.

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Was Vaughn really in the running?  He's dropped out of big films several times so I can see why Disney would be shy of him since they were on such a tight schedule.

I thought he was... I thought that's why he didn't do the X-Men: First Class sequel. And, also, why he ended up taking on Kingsman. I could very well be mistaken though. But, man, showing my bias, I prefer him and writing partner to Abrams by light years. Prefer Brad Bird by a wide, wide margin too. That's why I'm far more excited to see what Rian Johnson has for us given I like his work, while limited to just a handful of projects, much more than anything Abrams or Trevorrow have done.

18 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I thought he was... I thought that's why he didn't do the X-Men: First Class sequel. And, also, why he ended up taking on Kingsman. I could very well be mistaken though. But, man, showing my bias, I prefer him and writing partner to Abrams by light years. Prefer Brad Bird by a wide, wide margin too. That's why I'm far more excited to see what Rian Johnson has for us given I like his work, while limited to just a handful of projects, much more than anything Abrams or Trevorrow have done.

I too prefer Vaughn and especially Bird (Tomorrowland withstanding) but I think Devin floated that Star Wars rumor as speculation on why he dropped out of DOFP, deep into pre production in late 2012.  But it was to do Kingsman.  He'd previously dropped out of X-Men 3 (also very late) and Thor.  I think he turned down Bond even though Craig pushed for him.  He's spoken about how he prefers to do smaller films that give him more freedom.

• Like 1