druv10

8M TFA Rth Monday number!!! SW7 has surpassed TA1 & F7 for 4th alltime WW!!!

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

depends on what POV you have as a starting point IMHO

For me it starts with to not ignore the difficult points:

sceptics, areas got different advertising, partly non-GA conventions, not all speak English good enough to follow such kind of info (especially older audience) out of the US/UK/..., translations, vs. local movies, in some regions the cinema situation is not good till exceptional bad, not ideal for the region release dates, had different awareness to begin with, exchange rates....

I think it just comes down to the definition of what is a exploding boxoffice run, so there's really no right or wrong in this.

Anyway, SW7's OS total including China will be on par with JW and F7. That's massive but from another perspective I think a lot of us definitely expected more due to its jaw-dropping performance DOM. Not calling it a disappointment tho.

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

so flat or slight increase, Abadar dropped 9.5% on first non-holiday tuesday.

Great hold if it hits $8 million or even has a (very) slight increase. Bodes well for my $60 million weekend!!:lol:

12 hours ago, Baumer said:

If they added footage to it, released it in about 3 months from now, I think it could add another 20 million.

AT LEAST 20 million.

If Avatar got like 11 million from a Special Edition, this could do like 50 million.

4 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Discount Tuesdays were not big in 2009, I think. Anyway, it is a fantastic number. 

About half the top ten increased in on this Tuesday in 2010.  Last year was also pretty split between movies increasing and decreasing (not the exact day but one day off so it shouldn't be too different. 

14 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I think it just comes down to the definition of what is a exploding boxoffice run, so there's really no right or wrong in this.

Anyway, SW7's OS total including China will be on par with JW and F7. That's massive but from another perspective I think a lot of us definitely expected more due to its jaw-dropping performance DOM. Not calling it a disappointment tho.

Agree

I think that is, where my version of interest into ww BO might come in handy, I am more into afterwards analysis, into the finals.

Not into prediction = might help me to not develop expectations (yet).

Sometimes I feel here like somebody who visits with friends a sports meeting, not rooting for any team, but still very much enjoying watching the contests, and loving to ~ collect the global statistics and as much of the the material too, to create those.

Edited by terrestrial

11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Great hold if it hits $8 million or even has a (very) slight increase. Bodes well for my $60 million weekend!!:lol:

Lol can't believe a 60m weekend is even possible after already having over 750m+ in the bag.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, RichWS said:

DISCOUNT TUESDAY IS A CANADIAN MYTH.

Agreed, all those old bastards at Brooklyn today in a sold out theater would have been there at full pop.

And s small town near Niagara Falls sold out every show tonight. But who's counting?

:)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol can't believe a 60m weekend is even possible after already having over 750m+ in the bag.

It's not. You guys are setting yourself up for disappointment with talk of a $60M weekend. $50M would be an amazing hold. I think we'll get something closer to $45M. 

42 minutes ago, kswiston said:

It's not. You guys are setting yourself up for disappointment with talk of a $60M weekend. $50M would be an amazing hold. I think we'll get something closer to $45M. 

I would be shocked if it drops below $50 million. It's January + nothing new is out + it's holding well + it's RT rating is 94. It's 4th weekend would have to drop a higher % from it's 3rd weekend more than Age of Ultron did to get below $50 million. I don't see that happening.