WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

7 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Are you guys seriously under the impression that kids watching rated R movies is akin to abuse or negligence from parents?  Because that's what I'm getting from all this. 

Yes. R-movie? Even worse

We have 0y, 6y, 12y, 16y, 18y as minimum (ther is an exception rule for some 12y movies)

In one country within the EU parents even have to constantly have someone supervision children till 12y, means they are not allowed to drive to buy groceries with their lets say 10y old at home watching TV, already a case of negligence.

That would be here considered a bit too much, but if something would happen, here too parents would get legal problems, but only after something happens.

If it's about younger kids here also parents can get taken away their kids for negligence by the government.

A movie for at leat 6y old = a parent takes a 4y old = parent and cinema have to pay a hefty fine at least. After certain time of days no children in restaurants (exception transit highways I think), depending on age, different times...

Parent in a divorce fight..... should be very careful.

I only added that bcs. here was a discussion about it, and at least 16y old movies have less audience possibilities = to show what the numbers mean with that limitation

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe it had a theater average of $6 and did miss the top 40. :lol:

No, the lists are very much incomplete, you can compare the count of films with a weekday or weekend actual of the past, they very often only list 1/2 of the movies or even less for weekend early studio estimates

Just now, terrestrial said:

No, the lists are very much incomplete, you can compare the count of films with a weekday or weekend actual of the past, they very often only list 1/2 of the movies or even less for weekend early studio estimates

I know, just joking. I would have to think no report yet on it indicates it probably didn't make a big dent though. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I'm kinda hoping the Academy trolls us all with a Mad Max shut-out and a SURPRISE nomination like The Danish Girl.

What? Why would you hope that? Mad Max absolutely deserves the recognition. Here's what I hope for - IO getting nominated for BP. Its better than most other contenders. If Martian is in the race for even the award, this definitely should get a nomination atleast. It was unarguably much better and was a much bigger hit too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Infernus said:

What? Why would you hope that? Mad Max absolutely deserves the recognition. Here's what I hope for - IO getting nominated for BP. Its better than most other contenders. If Martian is in the race for even the award, this definitely should get a nomination atleast. It was unarguably much better and was a much bigger hit too.

"... Unarguably much better..." 

Nah

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I know, just joking. I would have to think no report yet on it indicates it probably didn't make a big dent though. 

My English ability isn't good enough to 'hear' jokes, hence the reason I like smileys like :ph34r: or ;)  so much.

Probably also the main reason some ppl think I am 'harsh', beside mainly trying to provide waited for details (or what I understand someone is waiting/asking for or...)

Here we have rather another style of communication, especially in my living-region. More no-nonsense and focused and often very direct... then elsewhere, at least that is my impression.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Between Room, Brooklyn, SOC, Sicario, and TFA all strongly vying for those last few spots Inside Out's chances to sneak in are way too far gone even with 10 noms. Hell, even with 12 noms. 

16 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Yes. R-movie? Even worse

We have 0y, 6y, 12y, 16y, 18y as minimum (ther is an exception rule for some 12y movies)

In one country within the EU parents even have to constantly have someone supervision children till 12y, means they are not allowed to drive to buy groceries with their lets say 10y old at home watching TV, already a case of negligence.

That would be here considered a bit too much, but if something would happen, here too parents would get legal problems, but only after something happens.

If it's about younger kids here also parents can get taken away their kids for negligence by the government.

A movie for at leat 6y old = a parent takes a 4y old = parent and cinema have to pay a hefty fine at least. After certain time of days no children in restaurants (exception transit highways I think), depending on age, different times...

Parent in a divorce fight..... should be very careful.

I only added that bcs. here was a discussion about it, and at least 16y old movies have less audience possibilities = to show what the numbers mean with that limitation

Yes, and a lot of that to me is really insane.  Cultural difference I suppose.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Between Room, Brooklyn, SOC, Sicario, and TFA all strongly vying for those last few spots Inside Out's chances to sneak in are way too far gone even with 10 noms. Hell, even with 12 noms. 

I think it has more chances than Sicario and SOC. But there's no telling what the academy throws. 4 more days...

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Any data on The Masked Saint? Did it bomb that hard? 

Kind of surprised my 8 screen local theater got it. I guess since they had so many people call and complain they didn't have War Room it's first week they automatically get any christian movie. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

MODERATION, PART 2:

Yes, guys, take it to the appropriate threads. A little was fine, but it's gone on for pages and pages at this point. Otherwise I'll just start removing posts.

If we do that, could we move them to my Golden Globes thread? Seems like the best thing to do for today. Hopefully that thread will be wild in a few hours when the event starts. I want blood and chaos :sarah: 

52 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe it had a theater average of $6 and did miss the top 40. :lol:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster mud wrestling movie coming out in June should have no trouble beating that. 

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Guys stop talking about non-weekend numbers Oscar talk in here. We now have a GG thread pinned

& an entire subforum/thread

to discuss your BP thoughts. 

Its not like anyone's talking about anything else