WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Schumer has that locked IMO.

:(

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Big Short, I can't see anything else winning.

That is funny because Paramount put that on the schedule in September or something like that :lol:

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, that's a really great OW for it. It basically followed Krampus' pattern. Interesting that we've had two horror films in a row increasing on their first Saturday (The Visit also did it too in September). Wonder if this is a new pattern for the genre, less frontloaded? 

ScreenShot2016-01-10at11.08.22PM.png

I'm sure Paramount had a lot of hesitation about trying to push TBS as a big awards contender given its director's previous filmography. Not exactly an easy Oscar sell as "from the guy who brought you Anchorman and Step Brothers." But once you see the film, it is clear as day it is right up the Academy's alley. They will totally love it. 

China delivered a 2-day debut of $53M for THE FORCE AWAKENS--highest Sat/Sun opening of all-time there.

(still not good WOM...)

DL had again shot too early:

STAR WARS: TFA became the 1st film to top $800M+ domestically as it grossed $41.6M this weekend, $812M total.

27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I hope The Revenant reaches the 100M.

Insane opening for The Forest. I don't care what anybody else says, that is crazy. It is gonna end up with 35M+ on a 10M budget and they basically spent 0 on marketing. And Sony covered part of that budget (or all of it) when they bought the international rights. 

Would be really surprised if it misses. Oscar recognition will guarantee it'll have theaters to play in till end of February and it'll get people's curiosity for a while.