CJohn

THE GOLDEN GLOBES 2016 | Discuss It Live Here!

8 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I like Leo a lot. I didn't think this performance was particularly amazing. The movie itself is very pretty and cool to look at it, but I felt it was completely vapid and empty, and it's something I've been souring on ever since I saw it a couple months ago. 

I think you need to watch this film once more. Give it another chance. Maybe you'll like it more. Personally I feel one can not fully and correctly judge a lot of movies/songs before at least giving them two watches/hearings.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Carol definitely isn't a lock, it's snub at PGA hurts it too much. My current predictions:

Those 5

6. Bridge of Spies

7. Sicario 

8. Straight Outta Compton

9. Carol

Bridge of Spies has everything going for it, I'll be surprised if it misses. Sicario has been doing very well at the guilds. SOC has PGA-WGA-SAG, and the only movie to be nominated for them and miss is Bridesmaids. Then I have Carol in since PGA typically misses one. 

I can see Carol getting more first votes than SOC, Sicario or BoS. I agree it's not locked (it is a step below the other 5) but I am very confident it will be nommed.

I would put BoS as my 7th nominee. Then, everything can happen.

I only pray SOC is not nommed. Serviceable, predictable and overlong biopic produced by the same guys the film is portraying.

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

She said if they had to make it R-rated, she would prefer it if it came in two cuts: R-rated and PG-13, because that would strengthen its BO chances. The comics aren't R-rated, just the video games, so it isn't like PG-13 would kill the character. The green band trailer had the same impact as the red band trailer. Making it R-rated is just unnecessary fanboy pandering, because Fox knows they screwed up with Origins. But it's not like fanboys wouldn't turn up for a PG-13 film. Now you have a situation where the character's appeal is reduced and families and children are barred from contributing to the movie's gross.

Wouldn't be surprised to see KFP3 or TFA "magically" see boosts in dailies and weekend grosses after Deadpool comes out. Also, she is right in that Zoolander 2 has more buzz with casual audiences than Deadpool and it may deliver a massive blow when it releases the next week.

Lol that's ridiculous. If the film wasn't R rated, it just wouldn't work as well.

out of The-Numbers.com article about the winners...

The Golden Globes were handed out on Sunday evening. There were a few minor surprises and some infuriating results. On the other hand, ....

Leonardo DiCaprio won his third Golden Globe out of ten nominations. He's close to a 90% lock to win the Oscar at this point. He deserves the Oscar at this point. I hope the day after he wins the Oscar he announces his next movie will be a remake of Critters 3.

I guess he is a tad bit annoyed LDeC still hasn't one... ;)

http://www.the-numbers.com/news/210870830-2015-Awards-Season-Golden-Globes-Winners

Edited by terrestrial

i saw that gif of leo reaction to gaga on twitter lmao for 5mn straight watching it on a loop ! gotta love him it was kinda rude of her she bumped into him and didnt even say sorry then again she was otherwise under the emotion so ehh neither was paying attention to the other and still that happened 

the golden globes is a fun show , you can actually hear the crowd having fun must be all that champagne running freely , also david russell looks like a schmutz with jlaw lipstick on his face and no one told him anything , good advertisement for the brand of lipstick 

leo speech was lovely , i love how articulate he is , consumate actor and member of this circus , it was funny seeing a lot of people win who've been around the block ya know ,like taraji p henson love her speech too " hey i waited 20 yrs for this you ain't gonna rush me " lollll she's damn right , 

i gotta say it but i feel good about one aspect of my future i'll age well, all those black actors looked fine as hell , the ladies are fountain of youth lol , on the other side well you have leo hardly aging just a little something to give him the veneer of a seasoned actor my babe !

seeing the awards next day esp after david bowie died was esp poignant , made me realize yeah they're not changing the world in a profound way but they've been a part of my life for a good couple decades , they are cultural landmarks to which i can relate a time in my life , leo i think titanic romeo and juliet and i remember lots of stuff in my personal life around that time when i was a teen

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1

The Lady Gaga/Leo gif is literally everything you could ever ask for in life. In addition to Leo, look in the background and you'll see the cast of Empire collectively side-eyeing her.

I kinda feel bad for Gaga though because clearly no one in the room was expecting her to win and clearly weren't happy that she did given that everyone had a look of disdain on their face. Her team not showing her the playback would be doing her a favor.

• Like 4

By the way, this probably won't come as a surprise, but everybody avoided Mel Gibson at the Golden Globes. Don't bet on a comeback anytime soon, Mel. Probably wasn't a smart choice to invite him to a ceremony where neither of his two remaining lifelines (Jodie Foster and Robert Downey Jr.) were in attendance.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/mel-gibson-golden-globes-backstage-bar-details/

Edited by filmlover

On 1/11/2016 at 11:41 PM, DarthWalker said:

No I think there is a conspiracy within select elite players to destroy the genre

Think about what's happened since birdman

Irratu made his hateful comments
AOU fails to meet expectations
Antman crumbles
Websites everywhere are flooded with worries of superhero fatigue
Talk begins that they may end uplike westerners soon
A Bourne movie pulls ahead of an MCU move in an anticipation poll

Someone's coming after cbms and they're coming in hard

raw

16 hours ago, filmlover said:

By the way, this probably won't come as a surprise, but everybody avoided Mel Gibson at the Golden Globes. Don't bet on a comeback anytime soon, Mel. Probably wasn't a smart choice to invite him to a ceremony where neither of his two remaining lifelines (Jodie Foster and Robert Downey Jr.) were in attendance.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/mel-gibson-golden-globes-backstage-bar-details/

Is he not friends with Stallone anymore after Expendables 3? Did they have a fight on set?

5 hours ago, department store basement said:

Is he not friends with Stallone anymore after Expendables 3? Did they have a fight on set?

I don't know about that. All that everyone knows he's pretty much exiled from the industry (for obvious reasons, of course).

Edited by filmlover

On 12/01/2016 at 6:13 AM, filmlover said:

The Lady Gaga/Leo gif is literally everything you could ever ask for in life. In addition to Leo, look in the background and you'll see the cast of Empire collectively side-eyeing her.

I kinda feel bad for Gaga though because clearly no one in the room was expecting her to win and clearly weren't happy that she did given that everyone had a look of disdain on their face. Her team not showing her the playback would be doing her a favor.

Really funny, especially when it was obvious her people bought her that win, and the whole room knew it. The most obvious award purchase since Pia Zadora won.

Edited by GirafficPark

On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 6:29 AM, filmlover said:

Radar isn't an outlet I would trust to get the day right let alone have any inside information on a big awards ceremonies. They would be last on anyone's list of invitees.