terrestrial

Tuesday's # (13. January) Revenant 4.95M | SW 7 $3.84 | DH 1.13 | Forest 812k | H8 793k | Sister 757k | Big Short 737k| chart p.5

Just now, druv10 Maul said:

My guess It stablizes to finish between 950-960M. 

I think that would be awesome but let's face it, when you hit the all time top gross in record time, it is strictly due to many people seeing it multiple times.  For example, take guys like @75live, @AndyLL, me and a few others.  All of us saw it 4-7 times over the holidays.  I don't think any of us have seen it since school/work has been back.  This is why imo, it might fall short of 950.  I hope it hits 940 and 960 would just be fantastic.....not that 940 isn't lol.

• Like 7

one says OS too high, the next dom too deep,... it looks like it stays thrilling/interesting to watch/observe.

O mei, I really hope the final results will be explicit and won't lead to further invasions of 'fans'/trolls/... but ppl able to act balanced

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

I think that would be awesome but let's face it, when you hit the all time top gross in record time, it is strictly due to many people seeing it multiple times.  For example, take guys like @75live, @AndyLL, me and a few others.  All of us saw it 4-7 times over the holidays.  I don't think any of us have seen it since school/work has been back.  This is why imo, it might fall short of 950.  I hope it hits 940 and 960 would just be fantastic.....not that 940 isn't lol.

yeah I would have seen it 4 times from Thursday to Sunday that opening weekend but I was really feeling weird on that Saturday :P 

but I do plan at least one more showing to make it number 7 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I wonder if it hits 100m admissions if we'll get a report from anywhere? Would probably need like 975 for that though. 

At 950M it's a close call for 100M tickets as 2D becomes the primary share. 

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

one says OS too high, the next dom too deep,... it looks like it stays thrilling/interesting to watch/observe.

O mei, I really hope the final results will be explicit and won't lead to further invasions of 'fans'/trolls/... but ppl able to act balanced

Honestly, none of us can really know yet where it will finish between the 900-1b range. For all we know, last weekend was just an outlier since it was its first weekend out of the Holidays, and the rest of the drops here out will be light. Or it will crash and burn now. Don't know yet. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Hell at this point, it's all gravy. My benchmark was Avatar domestic and it's going beat that by 200M. This domestic performance is going to be hard to beat including presales, Walkups and with the speed it broke the records. Absolutely earth shattering run. 

• Like 5

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, none of us can really know yet where it will finish between the 900-1b range. For all we know, last weekend was just an outlier since it was its first weekend out of the Holidays, and the rest of the drops her out will be light. Or it will crash and burn now. Don't know yet. 

I meant, even if both sides are right, in that scenario not a lot about the ww would change, it balances each other out.

= if it beats Titanic ww by a slight enough margin (or not) I see tons over tons of IMHO useless bickerings in the future of BOT

That takes TFA to No. 6 ever internationally, passing Disney’s own Avengers: Age Of Ultron. The next stop this week is No. 5 when it waves a wand at Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2’s $960.5M. This puts the $1B mark within reach possibly this weekend, and if not, shortly thereafter.

Notably this week, China has bumped Australia out of the Top 5 offshore markets for TFA. The Middle Kingdom, with $65.7M, currently sits at No. 5. The UK is still tops with $162.5M, followed by Germany ($95.5M), France ($77.1M) and Japan ($69.4M). (Local PROC reporting by Ent Group has TFA at about $71.5M with Wednesday grosses included, which would lift it past Japan, but those are unconfirmed numbers.)...

http://deadline.com/2016/01/the-force-awakens-tuesday-results-passes-avengers-age-of-ultron-china-international-box-office-1201682015/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It is pretty incredible an SW film will easily topple any HP film OS, considering the OS juggernaut that franchise was. Nice that we can finally put the "Star Wars isn't an OS franchise!" stuff to rest. 

Pretty sure it won't come anywhere near The Philosopher's Stone in overseas ticket sales.

1 minute ago, hw64 said:

Pretty sure it won't come anywhere near The Philosopher's Stone in overseas ticket sales.

LOL, is this the best you can come up with now?  Guess what?  I'm sure Philospher's Stone won't come anywhere close to A New Hope in overseas ticket sales either.  

But you know what?  Who cares?

• Like 14

Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is poised to pass “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2” for the fifth spot on the list of top international box office grossers.

Disney’s space saga took in $11.5 million on Tuesday in foreign markets to lift its international total to $946.9 million — or $13.6 million behind the final Harry Potter movie. It edged past “Avengers: Age of Ultron” on Tuesday for the sixth position and should pass “Jurassic World” for the fourth spot at $1.02 billion by the end of the week.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-harry-potter-international-box-office-1201678961/

I love how it never fails - regardless of the movie - the adjusted apologists don't have anything to fall back on once it "passes" a certain milestone... it's like they can't accept that their target film got passed or something.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I love how it never fails - regardless of the movie - the adjusted apologists don't have anything to fall back on once it "passes" a certain milestone... it's like they can't accept that their target film got passed or something.

Agreed:

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It is pretty incredible an SW film will easily topple any HP film OS, considering the OS juggernaut that franchise was. Nice that we can finally put the "Star Wars isn't an OS franchise!" stuff to rest. 

Very true. It's going to make 1.1B OS with incredibly bad ER. 

• Like 5