terrestrial

Tuesday's # (13. January) Revenant 4.95M | SW 7 $3.84 | DH 1.13 | Forest 812k | H8 793k | Sister 757k | Big Short 737k| chart p.5

Out of the Forbes article... see tweet

and whether or not it ends up the third-biggest movie of all time worldwide or the second-biggest movie of all time worldwide, it is still inching its way up the list for overseas grosses. Top wit, on Monday it had earned $935 million outside of America which put it at #7 on the list. Now, with the help of China (it earned $5m there yesterday, which was technically Wednesday due to time zones), it has brought its overseas total above the $946m earned last year by Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Wow, I bet the studio behind that movie is pissed.

:D

The J.J. Abrams-directed sci-fi sequel now ranks #6 on the “outside of America” box office list, ...

But strictly in domestic terms, the film earned another $3.8 million on Tuesday to bring its total to $819m, now about $18m away from Avatar on that “adjusted for inflation” list that Box Office Mojo is so kind to offer us. As I’ve noted once or twice elsewhere, the film’s release has reached a point where its numbers are somewhat down-to-Earth, with the obvious caveat that most films don’t do $3m on their 26th day in domestic release unless it’s in the middle of the Oscar season.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

If SW 7 still follows the LotR 2 / TTT times 3 rule Fake discovered, than it will make:

$3.624m on Tuesday, $2.98m on Wednesday and $2.97m on Thursday.

But in 2002/2003 there were less Cheap Tuesdays, that change(d/s) the detail per weekdays a bit, so who knows, we will have to wait and see as usual... ;)

Curious to see when it will break away from that calculation model, especially as this year the competition during MLK is FAR bigger than during TTT's run. I can't even remember the movies that got released / were still running during MLK 2003 beside Catch Me if You Can, that started a week after TTT.

MLK 2003 top 5 in spoiler tags:

Reveal hidden contents

Tomorrow afternoon PST we will get the new theater counts, really curious how many SW 7 will loose of those.

2 minutes ago, tokila said:

I am fine with this number, would be good to stay above 3 million on weekdays this week. 

It surpassed the TTT times 3 rule, but that one... see above

= more than fine by me ;)

I mean, 3 times a LotR movie's result at the same ~ lenght/time in the run?

lost all-time domestic crown to , but intl & global titles look very safe now that is fading.

. Won't stop complaints. In July of 1999, theaters had to put up signs begging parents not to take their kids to SOUTH PARK.

????

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

It surpassed the TTT times 3 rule, but that one... see above

= more than fine by me ;)

I mean, 3 times a LotR movie's result at the same ~ lenght/time in the run?

It only surpassed it slightly... Tuesdays are quite different than in 2002 though. With wednesday drop, TFA should return to that x3 rule. 981k x3 = 2.940M

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Domestic final heading to about $920M for . Global haul may end up in $2.25B neighborhood.

Probably too high for the global total. Will get over $2B WW though. Pretty damn amazing, especially considering a super-strong $. That is really gonna hurt film's OS grosses over the next year.

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

lost all-time domestic crown to , but intl & global titles look very safe now that is fading.

. Won't stop complaints. In July of 1999, theaters had to put up signs begging parents not to take their kids to SOUTH PARK.

????

Reminds me of when I went to see People vs Larry Flynt and the guy about 2 rows ahead of me thought this was a good movie to take his daughter (est age 9) and son (est age 7) to, about the time the mansion orgy went down he decided it would be a good time to leave. 

• Like 3