terrestrial

Tuesday's # (13. January) Revenant 4.95M | SW 7 $3.84 | DH 1.13 | Forest 812k | H8 793k | Sister 757k | Big Short 737k| chart p.5

Daddy's Home $1,134,951 +35% 3,483 141 $326 $118,307,723  
The Big Short $737,003 +46% 2,529 941 $291 $43,967,724  
Point Break (2015) $248,378 +50% 1,981 -929 $125 $27,171,542  
Creed              $157,802 +26% 1,001 -374 $158 $105,888,895  
  In the Heart of the Sea $22,356 +30% 222 -311 $101 $24,222,615

already it's first round number, US biopics seem to get watched in January.....

THE REVENANT took in $4.95M on Tuesday and has grossed $50.35M to date domestically.

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

I think that would be awesome but let's face it, when you hit the all time top gross in record time, it is strictly due to many people seeing it multiple times.  For example, take guys like @75live, @AndyLL, me and a few others.  All of us saw it 4-7 times over the holidays.  I don't think any of us have seen it since school/work has been back.  This is why imo, it might fall short of 950.  I hope it hits 940 and 960 would just be fantastic.....not that 940 isn't lol.

I've seen it 6 times. Got my final viewing in IMAX 3D last night. Won't be seeing it again... Until home video release. I'm all Star-Wars-Ed out for the time being. 

And I'm sure many others are too. 950 would be awesome. 200m over avatars original run. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarthWalker said:

A sad day for fans of comic book films

@Telemachos

I apply for the adding of a broken record smiley

something like this:

broken%20record.jpg

THE FOREST took in $0.812M on Tuesday and has grossed $14.21M in 5 days domestically.

DADDY'S HOME took in $1.13M on Tuesday and has grossed $118.31M to date domestically.

THE BIG SHORT took in $0.737M on Tuesday and has grossed $43.97M to date domestically.

Edited by terrestrial

20 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

but PostTrack where the ppl who asked:
'what did you spent'

and not

'what did the ticket cost'

= onlinebooking = extra fee included, if I get asked after a cinema visit, I say what it did cost me, if someone asks that way.

I didn't found any article that didn't use that wording

As we already spoke about.

Nothing against the rest of your ticket prize calculations (I never bothered enough to even look into that in the case of SW 7)....

Yup.  But even then, there will just as well be people who might be wary enough to answer "what did the ticket cost", not to mention that a good % of folks will not have booked online anyway.

Another thing to keep in mind, it says >$13.00, not just average of $13.00, which means all the higher premium prices (up to low/mid 20s for D-Box, theater that I went to is selling standard 3D at $17.59 for TFA evening shows right now) would be included in there.  

Also, online booking fees for Fandango and MT are ~$1.50.

The Hateful Eight $793,394 35% 2,938 464 $270 $42,907,923  
The Danish Girl $112,969 23% 417 -32 $271 $7,810,611  
  Anomalisa $21,974 13% 17 13 $1,293 $527,435  
The 33 $4,525 30% 82 -29 $55 $12,196,648  
Suffragette $1,637 -27% 21 0 $78 $4,697,236  
The Letters $413 -15% 5 -1 $83 $1,641,288

2 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Also, online booking fees for Fandango and MT are ~$1.50.

But you could add that into your posts like: might include $1.5 fee for the online booking (your better in English, ...)

= I think it's more neat to include that too

not sure if anythone interested in...

Anonymous Content signs ground-breaking deal with leading Arab Media Group MBC

Al Jazeera America shuttering in April

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

But you could add that into your posts like: might include $1.5 fee for the online booking (your better in English, ...)

= I think it's more neat to include that too

Sure but the actual content of my post only dealt with the first quote (3D splits), the second quote with the >$13 was only included as a point of reference.  If I add in that online fees are $1.50, I'd also have to include that not all of those polled were online booking, plus I'd have to include that the >$13 figure includes any premium format ticket that's even higher priced, its not an average.  And that's all fine, but its irrelevant to my point of discussion, which was the 3D splits.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't get it, why is today a sad day for CBM fans?

I think it has something to do with Irranitu saying something bad about comic book movies so with The Revenant doing well, it proves him right?  I don't know the whole story so someone can fill in the details :P 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I was scared for a moment maybe Stan Lee passed. But it's probably something to do with TFA :/

That poster, as Baumer,... can tell you too, tell us each day how sad it is, bcs he seems to have misunderstood a part of a statement of the director of The Revenent, as in saying something against CBM.

And now he/she is every day sad, The Revenant get good numbers. Tried to tell us 'a true CBM fan does not watch The Revenant' and so on.

E.g. Baumer and another mod (Ed? or...) already complained to him about the repeats.

I kind of like the smiley so....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

You know.. Inarritu hating CBMs and his movie beating TFA which is not even a CBM.

Darth Walker has pretty much trotted this line out in every single thread since Friday, even leading to the big derailment in the Golden Globes thread.

• Like 4

The Revenant is big because of the Bear rape story, that s my only explanation about how a Malickian, violent frontier, 2h30+ movie could do that sort of business.

Let s face this, every media reported this "news" and it made people curious.

Social media did the rest.

Any publicity  is good publicity.

Some retards of the internet bought Fox an insane & free exposure for their movie they only could dream of.

Edited by The Futurist