efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

17 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Wow, that's quite an achievement for RA2. I thought my 40m might have been high after those previews.

Bit it's very early.

Btw, they changed the numbers for Star Wars and Revenenat and now have:

SW: $28m-$31m

Rev: $32m - $34m

Earlier, they had $30m-$31m for both movies.

28 for the 4 day for TFA is a bad hold, no way around it. Sure hope they're wrong. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Just noticed 13 Hours' RT score. Damn, that's like Gravity level acclaim for a Bay film. :P

jesus. I never looked at his score before, only The Rock is fresh from 20 years ago.

Except when he played a frat boy in Mystery men. lol, with that big BO body of work his only fresh movie in 19 years is a bit part:wtf:

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

jesus. I never looked at his score before, only The Rock is fresh from 20 years ago.

Except when he played a frat boy in Mystery men. lol, with that big BO body of work his only fresh movie in 19 years is a bit part:wtf:

Critics are ashamed to admit that they admire the legendary Bay

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I really like Sniper and especially Cooper in it but there are some things in it that nag me.

The biggest issue is they didn't dive deep enough into Chris and his personal life when he returns from tours. The scene with his wife right before the final tour sort of just ends and then BOOM we're into a new tour. I would have gladly taken an additional half hour for more stuff in the US.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The biggest issue is they didn't dive deep enough into Chris and his personal life when he returns from tours. The scene with his wife right before the final tour sort of just ends and then BOOM we're into a new tour. I would have gladly taken an additional half hour for more stuff in the US.

Exactly! They have like just one or two scene between tours and than it's right back off again. I was invested in what was going on there and I didn't get enough of it.

Just now, DamienRoc said:

That's incredibly misguided, at least until they start telling us volume as well as percentages.

That is one weird thing about this weekend, we didn't get the Fandango report. Especially considering that Ride Along 2 opened, I thought for sure we will get a comparative "Ride Along 2 is outselling Ride Along at the same point" or some such.

• Like 1

TFA 6th viewing , starting to get depressed at idea baby ben aka kylo ren is beyond the point of no return , look at his sweet face , just imagine a cute dorky kid  plucked by the claw of destiny and corrupted by the dark side ! oh noooo its too much my heart aches for him :(and i'm mad at his parents for not being vigilant enough.... he could have been the hero instead he's the villain , a hot villain though with flawless hair so there's that B):wub:

so after tfa i watch this french documentary about this teacher's last school year no one inside the room i thought i'd have the screening to myself when some random dude came in so it was just the two of us at very respectable distance , its so rare when that happens and it was even more strange because TFA was like 80 % full amazing we really like it here in france 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

That's incredibly misguided, at least until they start telling us volume as well as percentages.

Maybe so, but MT gauging tends to work a lot better than even the old RS/MTC stuff to guesstimate. Again, except those times when it really doesn't. 

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe so, but MT gauging tends to work a lot better than even the old RS/MTC stuff to guesstimate. Again, except those times when it really doesn't. 

That's the problem. There's no context to have any clue about when it might work better or not. It's basically a stopped clock: it might be right twice a day, but without any other information, you have no idea when that actually is. If you're only going in after the fact and saying "my prediction was right based on such and such things" but you're not accounting for all the times when it's wrong based on those same factors, then you haven't built a good prediction model.

I don't find other pre-release tracking particularly useful, either, because it's all hidden and proprietary. How are they getting their information? What goes into those calculations? We don't know, so it could be a very finely tuned piece of software or it could be a bunch of interns throwing darts.

TFA was fairly exceptional because they did start releasing more information, stating how big the actual presales were and so forth. I'm waiting for them to do that for every movie, not just the biggest blockbusters. Until that happens, I'm going to view things like the MT %s, Fandango Pulse, and so forth with extreme skepticism.

If you don't know what the tool you're using actually does, then don't use the damn tool.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Look at that Glorious Sith Hair on this Guy, Sponsored by Paul Mitchel:

tumblr_nzxoo1VXVn1unrlxao1_500.gif

whoever did his hair and makeup i sure hope they're up for an oscar , that's oscar worthy work right there

lol i love how he walks around in the movie he's like a madman on a mission !

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

That's the problem. There's no context to have any clue about when it might work better or not. It's basically a stopped clock: it might be right twice a day, but without any other information, you have no idea when that actually is. If you're only going in after the fact and saying "my prediction was right based on such and such things" but you're not accounting for all the times when it's wrong based on those same factors, then you haven't built a good prediction model.

I don't find other pre-release tracking particularly useful, either, because it's all hidden and proprietary. How are they getting their information? What goes into those calculations? We don't know, so it could be a very finely tuned piece of software or it could be a bunch of interns throwing darts.

TFA was fairly exceptional because they did start releasing more information, stating how big the actual presales were and so forth. I'm waiting for them to do that for every movie, not just the biggest blockbusters. Until that happens, I'm going to view things like the MT %s, Fandango Pulse, and so forth with extreme skepticism.

If you don't know what the tool you're using actually does, then don't use the damn tool.

No need to get defensive. I never tried to tell you it is some foolproof method or that you should make predictions using it. I know how it works and I do account for when MT has led me to a way off the mark prediction, and I can tell you that is far less frequent than when it does provide a solid base for me to start from. So I find it to be a useful little tool, opposed to just relying on our own opinionated predictions. If you don't, just ignore it then. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Or they're honest and don't like his movies.  Just a guess.

No, they just a thing against him. It has been proven time and time again him and Snyder might make the best movie ever and still get trashed while Del Toro can make Pacific Rim and Sam Raimi can make Spider-Man 3 and still both get praised.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

No, they just a thing against him. It has been proven time and time again him and Snyder might make the best movie ever and still get trashed while Del Toro can make Pacific Rim and Sam Raimi can make Spider-Man 3 and still both get praised.

Because both those movies have recognizable human characters in them.

• Like 4