efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

That's kind of funny.  Down the road, maybe a couple of years from now, when we look back at this run that SW went on and we see that the final gross is around 930 million, we are truly going to appreciate it.  I'm not saying we don't know but right now there's too much focus on what it will end with, how much its dropping, the Oscars, and so on, that we are kind of ignoring that what this film has done is truly monumental.  855 million or so after 5 weekends.  Take that in for a minute.  855 million or so after 5 weekends.  It's crazy.

Most movies can run forever but they still will not make 855 M. lmao!

• Like 1

Rth is a celebrity here. He only comes by for the really big events lol

The Revenant is an absolute monster. I am thoroughly convinced that Leonardo DiCaprio can pretty much sell anything. There really wasn't a lot that looked appealing about this film. But put him in it on the poster or the billboard and boom everybody wants to go see it. It's the only reason I wanted to see the film as well.

• Like 8

It also doesn't hurt that he is a good person imo. I don't know but there is this genuine kindness in him. Every time I watch him in interviews or when I heard him during his speech at the Golden Globes, I am always impressed by the way he communicates his views. I think people like him for that.

• Like 2

lol. 

So... the god awful movie Norm of the North has exactly 1 positive review out out like 34 on RT. Its from "The Globe and Mail". That publication is one of the 23 of 320+ that gave TFA a rotten review. It was a different reviewer, but still. How can a publication have credibility with poorly representing the quality of respective films. 

Norm of the North better than TFA confirmed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It also doesn't hurt that he is a good person imo. I don't know but there is this genuine kindness in him. Every time I watch him in interviews or when I heard him during his speech at the Golden Globes, I am always impressed by the way he communicates his views. I think people like him for that.

he's very articulate indeed plus he's one of the first big  celebrity i know of that embraced the whole pro-environmental view before it became a fad and every celebs say they truly believe in a cause , i remember thinking he's not your average celeb sure he parties but on his yacht lol but otherwise his heart is in the right place 

kinda like angelina and her UN work ,she was doing that way before general media got a wind of it ..;

i think maybe crowds just love the new frontier life and challenges and how it shaped the face of the new american and america as a country , there aren't any new frontiers anymore , we're all just bickering for scraps , i feel like humanity needs something new we can all get behind together wishful thinking as we can't even agree to save the planet !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

I work with a guy who was born in South Korea, his parents own a Korean restaurant in LA(in Korea town I believe). He said Leo is a regular at his parent's restaurant. He just comes in with a baseball cap on and enjoys his meal. Said he is a nice guy, just comes in and eats like any other patron of their restaurant. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My Derby Tournament is probably fucked :( On the other hand I'm going to do great in The Winter Game this week.

RIP Ride Along franchise

RIP My Derby

RIP My Tournament

RIP Everything

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

I never understood why 13 Hours didn't get one recognizable name to do the film.

It is a Michael Bay passion project. He chose the cast. Maybe that is why? Paramount wasn't much involved and didn't told him to pick a big name.

• Like 1

I am shocked by those who are shocked by the BO results of The Revenant. While star power is a factor, at least equally important is the historicity and geography of the film. Also very important is the blood, sweat and tears that went into its creation. Add great cinematography and soundtrack and you have a formula that can't fail. Learn from this Hollywood, learn. This type epic has unlimited potential. Contrived controversies to generate publicity do more harm than good.

PS- roll on BB8, keep on rollin'. :congrats:

Edited by SWXII
typo

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

That's pretty disappointing for God Bay, PAG Did $7m in the OD...... An OW below $20m? 

Pag had two of Hollywoids biggest stars to sell it. This has no one.

7 minutes ago, SWXII said:

ed by those who are shocked  by the BO results of The Revenant. While star power is a factor, at least equally important is the historicity and geography of the film. Also very important is the blood, sweat and tears that went into its creation. Add great cinematography and soundtrack and you have a formula that can't fail. Learn from this Hollywood, learn. This type epic has unlimited potential. Contrived controversies to generate publicity do more harm than good.

PS- roll on BB8, keep on rollin'. :congrats:

Disagree with post 100%. Put Channing Tatum or any other so called Alister in this and it doesnt make 50 million imo.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

$6.4M for Star Wars? That's excellent!

I was hoping for anything 6+, 6.2 was pretty much almost my cap seeing the last 3 friday jumps which were... average at best.

Let's see how that holds up now.

--

Expectedly, the oscar hopefuls are performing really well.

Greatly looking forward to the new graph and projections after this weekend.