efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

15 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Well if that's the case, isn't it impressive that such movies don't get affected at all by critic reviews and earn a lot of money? I mean, that's awesome immunity right there.

Yeah but some posts here read like it broke out and did $60m+ or something. Being in line with its predecessor is good, but let's not get carried away.

Of course we don't even have actual Friday numbers yet so it can go either up or down.

Edited by cookie

37 minutes ago, cookie said:

Yeah but some posts here read like it broke out and did $60m+ or something. Being in line with it's predecessor is good, but let's not get carried away.

Of course we don't even have actual Friday numbers yet so it can go either up or down.

I was expecting 40m or less. so yeah its a break out for me

The derby average is 26m 3 day, that's about 31.5m 4 day.

that's why we hear the whining

Edited by No Prisoners

Wow, that's quite an achievement for RA2. I thought my 40m might have been high after those previews.

Bit it's very early.

Btw, they changed the numbers for Star Wars and Revenenat and now have:

SW: $28m-$31m

Rev: $32m - $34m

Earlier, they had $30m-$31m for both movies.

54 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Dammit MT, tricking me again! I was totally expecting 50m or so for the 5 day for RA2 before the MT showing was so bad. Should've known better. 

I stopped taking Movie Tickets seriously after the whole Black Mass thing. Another tracking service falls. Man, the days of RS and MTC feel so long ago already.

• Like 4

13 Hours finds a new supporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glenn-beck-asks-audience-see-856277

Glenn Beck on Monday practically begged his radio audience on Friday to see 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi not only because he says it's a great film about U.S. military heroes, but also to send a message to Hollywood that "these are the kinds of movies that we like."

During his final few minutes on the air Friday, Beck first played an endorsement of the movie from Ted Cruz that the Texas senator made the night before during the GOP presidential primary debate.

"Tomorrow morning, a new movie will debut, about the incredible bravery of the men fighting for their lives in Benghazi and the politicians who abandoned them," Cruz said Thursday.

"That movie is opening tonight," Beck said after the Cruz audio. "What a message it would send if it's opening weekend would be the weekend that this movie knocks Star Wars out of the No. 1 spot.

He added: "Dare I say, it will not be the No. 1 movie in New York City, but if it could be the No. 1 everywhere else in the country, it would send a message — and a good message. I warn you, it is going to make you a little angry."

Beck compared 13 Hours to American Sniper and Lone Survivor, calling them three of the best war movies he has ever seen. 

Just now, filmlover said:

I stopped taking Movie Tickets seriously after the whole Black Mass thing. Another tracking service falls. Man, the days of RS and MTC feel so long ago already.

But MT isn't a tracking service. It's just a momentary glimpse at sales from the second-leading online ticket seller.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I still think they are pretty good as far as tracking goes, since that will never be perfect. But they seem to just have weeks now and then where they are way off. 

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

But MT isn't a tracking service. It's just a momentary glimpse at sales from the second-leading online ticket seller.

True, but we all know those are hard to gauge unless a movie is blowing up BIG time. Clearly I've been following this stuff for too long.

• Like 2

I have very little background in American politics so pro or anti certain American political parties will all go over my head. So I hope when I see this, I can just judge it as a movie without having any bias towards it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Wow, that's quite an achievement for RA2. I thought my 40m might have been high after those previews.

Bit it's very early.

Btw, they changed the numbers for Star Wars and Revenenat and now have:

SW: $28m-$31m

Rev: $32m - $34m

Earlier, they had $30m-$31m for both movies.

so 3 day 

SW7 23.5-26

Rev  27.5-29

I like these numbers

norm down to 3% on RT

going to on demand by Thursday at this rate

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Beck compared 13 Hours to American Sniper and Lone Survivor, calling them three of the best war movies he has ever seen. 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Among recent stuff, I def prefer The Hurt Locker to American Sniper