Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

10 hours ago, Total Treecall said:

since when have imdb ratings mattered?

Well as it turns out most of the world ONLY cares about Imdb and very few even know about RT and that few includes people in USA and some other countries. 

Pitch Perfect is actually a tiny bit subversive. Just like Clueless, it takes this ridiculous world and mocks it while at the same time treating their inhabitants with respect. Yes, their wishes and wants are stupid but what the work they do to get them deserves respect. And it's not really that hidden, unless you're too worried that all the singing is gonna turn your penis into a vagina to put 2 and 2 together. Pitch Perfect 2 is shit tho.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

There was a world without youtube ? :thinking:

:D I'm pretty sure that is funnily meant (in the way long time ago...).

There was a world without Windows, there was a world when a CAD software could do maybe 15-20 commands and 'UNDO' wasn't one of those, managing only via DOS....

I'll never forget the day as someone typed del *.* without being in a sub-directory (he wanted to type: del *.bak to get space on/in the very small data-storing-area by deleting all back-ups), that was 'funny'

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

WHOA RA2!! That's a massive drop. Guess this means RA3 isn't happening (I think I'm fine with that).

I think people smelled a January filled with some movies of "Uurrgh!"

Films like, RA2, Norm of the North, The Forest & now The 5th Wave.....suffered through bad WOM.

Not sure if "Finest Hours" will make it either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think people smelled a January filled with some movies of "Uurrgh!"

Films like, RA2, Norm of the North, The Forest & now The 5th Wave.....suffered through bad WOM.

Not sure if "Finest Hours" will make it either.

Finest Hours has an unnecessary 80m budget, and will probably open in the teens at best. I'd say it's practically going to flop at this point.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

6 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Finest Hours has an unnecessary 80m budget, and will probably open in the teens at best. I'd say it's practically destined to flop at this point.

Yeah......I wouldn't put Finest Hours as a total bomb.....if it does over $200M WW...it would be a decent profit....but so far...It's kinda headed to a lukewarm reception. So it may end up lower.

I have noticed this surprising thing about this January. With the exception of "The Revenant"......nothing in January is worth watching.....except for the one movie which will win and be #1 next weekend....and it's unsurprisingly....Kung Fu Panda 3.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah......I wouldn't put Finest Hours as a total bomb.....if it does over $200M WW...it would be a decent profit....but so far...It's kinda headed to a lukewarm reception. So it may end up lower.

I have noticed this surprising thing about this January. With the exception of "The Revenant"......nothing in January is worth watching.....except for the one movie which will win and be #1 next weekend....and it's unsurprisingly....Kung Fu Panda 3.

January is known as the dump month. The movies that tend to do well during that month, are Oscar potential films that get a limited release in December (American Sniper, or The Revenant), or the occasional surprise.

Kung Fu Panda 3, is an exception, being a film that got pushed back, because it probably would have been destroyed in December.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

January is known as the dump month. The movies that tend to do well during that month, are Oscar potential films that get a limited release in December (American Sniper, or The Revenant), or the occasional surprise.

Kung Fu Panda 3, is an exception, being a film that got pushed back, because it probably would have been destroyed in December.

Yeah....I agree.

And so far, reviews for KFP3 has been positive so far.....

February 5th ain't gonna be better for newcomers....but really strong for some good movies that hold.

• Like 1

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah....I agree.

And so far, reviews for KFP3 has been positive so far.....

February 5th ain't gonna be better for newcomers....but really strong for some good movies that hold.

I can see Deadpool and Zoolander 2 doing well, but yeah, February isn't much better then January.

Pride, Prejudice and Zombies, Fifty Shades of Black, Gods of Egypt, A New Nicolas Sparks movie. Good lord! :lol: