grim22

20000 Leagues Under The Sea | Fox | Bryan Singer confirmed to direct. Production begins in fall. Not the Disney-Fincher version

http://deadline.com/2016/02/bryan-singer-20000-leagues-under-the-sea-fox-x-men-apocalypse-1201696127/

Director Bryan Singer, who last fall teased on Instagram his hope to direct his childhood favorite novel 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, has now closed his deal with 20th Century Fox to make the epic film his next picture. The studio is now moving toward a fall production start, and Singer will begin casting, full speed ahead. The adaptation of the Jules Verne novel has a script by Rick Sordelet & Dan Studney, based on a story by Singer and those writers. Singer will produce with Jason Taylor, who heads the director’s Bad Hat Harry Productions.

The picture puts Singer in position to launch another franchise at Fox, where he has locked X-Men: Apocalypse for a May 27 release date. That gives him the chance to launch the picture while prepping so that Captain Nemo can take his ship The Nautilus on its deep sea dive in early fall. It gives Emma Watts another big picture on the slate.

• Like 1

Actually glad that this is not a Disney-helmed production. I shudder to think of 20,000 Leagues becoming yet another failed Oz-like attempt to woo fans of Burton's Alice... I kind of hate Disney's live-action output these days. Extremely desperate stuff.

The only loss may be the iconic Harper Goff Nautilus design but Disney would've totally changed that up so eh?

Edited by goldenstate5
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

not that singer's bad but he's such an "I have no strong feelings one way or the other" kind of director. so not really someone I'm eager to see tackle this project.

not really. first class was by far the most surprising superhero film in years. i was never a fan of x-men before.

14 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Actually glad that this is not a Disney-helmed production. I shudder to think of 20,000 Leagues becoming yet another failed Oz-like attempt to woo fans of Burton's Alice... I kind of hate Disney's live-action output these days. Extremely desperate stuff.

I take it you didn't watch Singer's recent non-X-Men film

• Like 1