WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

5 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Just looked at the Ice Age worlwide numbers and they are way bigger than I expected, at least for the 4th, that one sucked so bad...

I see your point about ressurgence, and I had JW at low 200s last year, so I might be very wrong, but still, think it's not going to be too big.

About the 1 billion remark, I think Apocalypse is very unlikely to make a billion, because DOFP was far from that even tought it was a great movie marketed as a big event, and this year is way more crowded than 2014, so I can't possibly see it making more than high 800s, my prediction would be under DOFP...

In case you misunderstood me, I didn't say that Apocalypse (and Resurgence) will join the club, but rather that it's far more likely that will happen than them flopping. But I agree that Apocalypse won't hit the billion but only because of the extremely crowded Summer line-up; DOFP not reaching higher than the high 700Ms it did also had to do w/an overcrowded Summer. As well as the fact that the X-Men franchise had been a slow performer for quite a few years by that point due to the lack of quality in some of the films, w/audience's fate only beggining to be restored after First Class, and The Wolverine did only okay business on top of that; but that wouldn't be a problem for Apocalypse, given how amazingly well recieved DOFP was.

I hope someone at Fox is telling the writers/director of Wolverine 3 to shoot for a R rating now. Let Hugh Jackman's Wolverine go out the right way. Thats the ONLY comic book character I will say needs to be changed from their current PG13 into a R rating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

Xmen apocalypse already being walloped before it hits theatres. Singer should go back to his roots and just make great drama/thrillers/suspense movies. 

That's funny, because you could have said exactly that about Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds in this forum a month ago.

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

not different than any other actor. For example, did Chris Pratt have anything to do with the success of Jurassic World and GOTG? Likely no. Put another actor that does a good job in those roles and they would make the same. The fact is there are hardly any draws these days. Reynolds is no different than most actors

tumblr_n1nx98yYrQ1ttoxpno1_400.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Just looked at the Ice Age worlwide numbers and they are way bigger than I expected, at least for the 4th, that one sucked so bad...

I see your point about ressurgence, and I had JW at low 200s last year, so I might be very wrong, but still, think it's not going to be too big.

About the 1 billion remark, I think Apocalypse is very unlikely to make a billion, because DOFP was far from that even tought it was a great movie marketed as a big event, and this year is way more crowded than 2014, so I can't possibly see it making more than high 800s, my prediction would be under DOFP...

In case you misunderstood me, I didn't say that Apocalypse (and Resurgence) will join the club, but rather that it's far more likely that will happen than them flopping. But I agree that Apocalypse won't hit the billion but only because of the extremely crowded Summer line-up; DOFP not reaching higher than the high 700Ms it did also had to do w/an overcrowded Summer. As well as the fact that the X-Men franchise had been a slow performer for quite a few years by that point due to the lack of quality in some of the films, w/audience's fate only beggining to be restored after First Class, and The Wolverine did only okay business on top of that; but that wouldn't be a problem for Apocalypse, given how amazingly well recieved DOFP was.

I see what you mean. Don't agree about DofP hitting a billion, tought. How was that summer too crowded? The biggest movie was Guardians of the galaxy, this years summer had 3 movies over that, and one almost as big...

2014's summer had only Guardians, Apes, ASM2 and HTTYD2 both underperformed... I don't see any summer in the years to come as slow as that one...

7 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Wasn't that something of a consensus for KFP3 as well?

More or less, but Ice Age has always been a huge beast OS, w/its last two movies doing under $200M domestic, yet pulling in well over $800M WW, and they would've done more if they had been good (well tbh I actually do kinda enjoy Ice Age 3: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs, that's a guilty pleasure of mine; the 4th one sucked balls, tho).

But anyway; will it take too long before Rth arrives to blow our minds on Deadpool's Saturday? I still think it can't be (much) higher than $36M, but at this point, anything's possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

But anyway; will it take too long before Rth arrives to blow our minds on Deadpool's Saturday? I still think it can't be (much) higher than $36M, but at this point, anything's possible.

Probably at least a good 5 or 6 hours. Updates on Saturday are usually later than on Friday.

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

lol DEADPOOL with THE AVENGERS? Bring on the X-FORCE!

Will give The Avengers a run for its money.

Wolverine+deadpool+cable+colossus+many more= $$$

Deadpool really is Fox's Iron Man. They have to deliver another solid sequel. And then go absolutely crazy with x force.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

Wait is there some backlash against the Singer directed X films that just popped up?

X2 is the best X-Men movie by a wide margin and one of the best superhero movies period. His other two X-movies are just passable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

More or less, but Ice Age has always been a huge beast OS, w/its last two movies doing under $200M domestic, yet pulling in well over $800M WW, and they would've done more if they had been good (well tbh I actually do kinda enjoy Ice Age 3: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs, that's a guilty pleasure of mine; the 4th one sucked balls, tho).

They did, and did so in a more balanced nature than, say, Frozen, but both also had much more favorable exchange rates than we're likely to see this year. The dollar is super strong.

Additionally, the growth between 3 and 4 was pretty slim. How much expansion do you think can happen for them? China, apparently, isn't going as explosive with animation as it is with big budget live action. That requires other markets which were already big for IA to expand more. Many are doing that, but not at the same rate.

And then there's the DOM problem. It's going to drop again. Maybe, I don't know, to under 120m? In order to get to 900m that's going to need a lot to break its way.

Not saying it won't do that, but it feels like a long shot at this point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

I know their frontloaded but I always thought their generally well received.  X2 is still a great film

No, its a great film but the entire series is just flawed. Deadpool is a breath of fresh air next to Singer's morose colorless films.

40 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Apocalypse, Ice Age 5 and Independence Day 2 are gonna fucking huge, what the hell are you talking about :lol: ?

I am really looking forward to Apocalypse and IDR, but neither will come close to Deadpool on opening weekend. Xmen might end up doing around 250 million domestically, but IDR will struggle to reach even 200M. The social media buzz, trailer views, anticipation for IDR is poor. And I definitely think it will get hammered by critics even if gloriously entertaining because it will be the cool thing to do as it is an Emmerich movie afterall.