WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

9 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

That is kinda silly.    Supposedly you can say "fuck" a certain number of times...any more than that and it gets bumped up in rating.    O...kay....   Once or twice is ok for kids to hear?

If it's used in a literal, sexual context that's an automatic R. They're more lenient with interjections or emotion/emphasis

Edited by tribefan695

8 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Over the last year CB films really hadn't done that great. Avengers disappointed at the box office and while Ant-Man had decent legs it was still the lowest-grossing Marvel film in some time. And then of course there was Fantastic Four...

All the things you're saying about Deadpool make sense in hindsight, but before at least the start of reviews coming in it still looked like a studio desperately trying to make something out of a side character to hedge their bets on their main franchise

A combined domestic gross of 640M and combined worldwide gross of 1.9 billion dollars  is not a disappointing year for Marvel. Its actually the MOST they've ever made in a single year off their MCU output. Yeah, really disappointing   :kitschjob:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

as high as 140m :o

huge on Saturday. Could now even near $125M in 3 days & $140M in 4 for Ryan & Fox.

Just amazing numbers. Cannot wrap my head around them. Marketing was great but it doesn't explain such numbers. Needs more thought. Probably a WWR thread :)

35 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

American Sniper was more shocking than this, but this is still pretty damn shocking. Audiences are extremely unpredictable with how receptive they are to meta-humor and we've seen similar kinds of internet-fanboy driven films disappoint at the box office, as well as other R-rated superhero films. If you expected it to break out you were thinking purely with your heart.

Yeah, the internet was hyped about Snakes on a Plane and Scott Pilgrim.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

In the battle of Wham lovers Deadpool mocca frappacinos all over Zoolanders face.

Wait Baumer you've seen the movie right?

You been to Vancouver before? I can't remember if they kept Science World in the background of one of those bridge scene shots.

51 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Completely disagree, I actually find your comment pretty douchey. If anything The UK should follow the US rating system. If parents have done a good enough job bringjng up their children then I'm sure Deadpool won't turn them into psychopaths. In the UK you can enlist in the army at 16, have sex, smoke but you can't watch Sin City at the cinema. Now that is appalling.

Now stop giving the UK a bad name with your posts, that's my job

Ah come on man. Taking little kids to see Deadpool isn't right. I'm not trying to turn this into a US vs UK thing at all. Just saying it does genuinely amaze me that adults think it's ok to take little children to see R rated films. All I was saying. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

A combined domestic gross of 640M and combined worldwide gross of 1.9 billion dollars  is not a disappointing year for Marvel. Its actually the MOST they've ever made in a single year off their MCU output. Yeah, really disappointing   :kitschjob:

Well, sure, a lot of money was made at the end of the day, but still... Age Of Ultron was predicted all the way through to open bigger than the first Avengers, and it didn't. Didn't even clear the 200 mark. Was supposed to finish #2 of the year w/all things considered, and it finished at #4, 200 million below Avengers 1. Ant-Man did pretty good business, and it seriously overperformed WW (I mean, c'mon, $500M+ for ANT-MAN??), but it still had a pretty slow performance, and it ended as a low tier achiever for Marvel in many records domestically. I think we can all agree that, while they did have a strong year w/expectations notwithstanding, it was not the year that it should've been. Marvel was literally on top of the world after their murderous 2014 w/Cap 2 and Guardians; seeing Avengers 2 underperform and Ant-Man not up to Marvel's typical par can make any MCU fan admit that 2015 was not a year to be totally proud of, despite the obviously profitable results regardless.

Also, Deadpool's 3-day pretty much on par w/Man Of Steel's. Mind. BLOWN.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

This is totally insane and will make studios completely re-consider R rated blockbusters as a risky gamble. The marketing was just saturated to unavoidable levels and I think that's what really makes this stand out compared to other big budget R movies. Although we already saw something similar to an extent with Revenant. If studios are figuring out that a big budget R movie has to have the marketing campaign on the level of its pg-13 peers to be able to perform like them, and it's actually giving results, then it could open up huge possibilities for artistic integrity in blockbusters. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Or their grandmother...

Or their middle school....

Or the movies they watch :P

I fucking never fucking swore before I fucking came to this fucking forum.  But now I fucking swear like it's nobody's motherfucking business.

• Like 4

This is totally insane and will make studios completely re-consider R rated blockbusters as a risky gamble. The marketing was just saturated to unavoidable levels and I think that's what really makes this stand out compared to other big budget R movies. Although we already saw something similar to an extent with Revenant. If studios are figuring out that a big budget R movie has to have the marketing campaign on the level of its pg-13 peers to be able to perform like them, and it's actually giving results, then it could open up huge possibilities for artistic integrity in blockbusters. 

Until the next R rated bomb, of course

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

I fucking never fucking swore before I fucking came to this fucking forum.  But now I fucking swear like it's nobody's motherfucking business.

Whoa...I hope Ethan's not here because the adults are definately talking.

• Like 4