WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I haven't seen that movie and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon :lol: 

Neither have I but what's sad is that when it was announced I was actually kinda rooting for Emmerich (since he is one of the few openly gay directors to make a big impact in Hollywood) but then it was revealed that he had mostly whitewashed the history to make the movie about a young gay white male (one who was masculine and inoffensive enough that he might as well be straight) and made the events the character's coming of age story (lol could have picked a more cliched and exhausted way to approach it?) and I thought "way to waste your opportunity to prove you're good at anything other than destruction, Roland."

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Neither have I but what's sad is that when it was announced I was actually kinda rooting for Emmerich (since he is one of the few openly gay directors to make a big impact in Hollywood) but then it was revealed that he had mostly whitewashed the history to make the movie about a young gay white male (one who was masculine and inoffensive enough that he might as well be straight) and made the events the character's coming of age story (lol could have picked a more cliched and exhausted way to approach it?) and I thought "way to waste your opportunity to prove you're good at anything other than destruction, Roland."

He arguably isn't even good at disaster movies :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

April looks weak but March looks fucking killer

Idk a lot depends on if Zootopia delivers. I don't have much faith in Cloverfield or Divergent. There's a big chance BvS and Zootopia are the only ones to cross 100m domestic. Really Divergent is the only other film with a shot.

• Like 1

April doesn't have a huge killer hit like Furious 7 or Winter Soldier this year, but that's because the killer hit (BvS) is dropping in March, after a dreary few years post Hunger Games. I also happen to be of the opinion that Zootopia is going to kill it, Croods number at a minimum. As for April, I actually think Jungle Book is going to make bank. Hunstman 2 is probably the ultimate lame duck sequel ever but it should at least do better than Paul Blart 2 as the second biggest movie of the month. Also, Keanu comes out in April. That movie is going to rock. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stringer Bell Theory said:

Idk a lot depends on if Zootopia delivers. I don't have much faith in Cloverfield or Divergent. There's a big chance BvS and Zootopia are the only ones to cross 100m domestic. Really Divergent is the only other film with a shot.

Zootopia reviews are coming in and it's great.

I don't know how many are expecting Cloverfield or Divergent to do over 100M. Cloverfield is a longshot and Divergent won't cross 100M.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stringer Bell Theory said:

I know April is usually lacking and that's the point. Every year we get articles about summer moving up when it was really just that individual movie doing big numbers.

I completely agree with you.  

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Zootopia reviews are coming in and it's great.

I don't know how many are expecting Cloverfield or Divergent to do over 100M. Cloverfield is a longshot and Divergent won't cross 100M.

I don't think either two do. BvS and Zootopia can't just hit though but they'll have to crush. That's the only March is anything special. Otherwise it looks pretty meh to me.

Edited by Stringer Bell Theory
  • Like 1

Just now, Stringer Bell Theory said:

I don't either to do. BvS and Zootopia can't just hit though but they'll have to crush. That's the only March is anything special. Otherwise it looks pretty meh to me.

Zootopia will easily cross 200M and BVS 300M. The question is, can they hit 300 and 400 respectively? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

What

Hidden Content

On a side note, the film was pretty funny, but very poorly paced, with its weird structure of telling the origin story. It felt like it was just a big build up and then a finale. Laughed a fair bit, a visual joke about another superhero towards the end of the movie was fantastic but that was the only time I was properly howling with laughter.

Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree.  I thought it was well paced and I laughed all the way through.

Spoiler

The end credit scene was the same end credit scene as in Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stringer Bell Theory said:

I don't either to do. BvS and Zootopia can't just hit though but they'll have to crush. That's the only March is anything special. Otherwise it looks pretty meh to me.

Very true.....but that's kinda like saying that if you took Star Wars and Daddy's Home out of December 2015, it'd look crappy too. When you eliminate the #1 domestic contender for a year and an animated movie that might do over 200, of course it'll be pretty meh.

Quality wise, I sorta agree, but the casts+high concepts of Midnight Special and Cloverfield got me buzzing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

What

Hidden Content

On a side note, the film was pretty funny, but very poorly paced, with its weird structure of telling the origin story. It felt like it was just a big build up and then a finale. Laughed a fair bit, a visual joke about another superhero towards the end of the movie was fantastic but that was the only time I was properly howling with laughter.

Spoiler

The final post credits sequence is a direct homage to the post credit scene of Ferris Buelers Day Off. 

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2