WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yes

BH6 is the floor. Reviews have been great so far and it's targeting an older audience.

BH6 opened with 50M. A 20-25M improvement on that would be great, Lego Movie targeted a younger and older audience and still managed 78M, I see this slightly lower than Lego as it has a bit more competition with London Has Fallen and WTF which should both do O/U 20M.

• Like 1

Just now, somebody85 said:

Huh I never saw the trailer in front of Star Wars but I saw it in IMAX 3 times, so it must not have been a part of it.

When I go to the Youtube page for the trailers, it has a mega furries fanbase. Didn't know it appealed to anyone else besides them and kids.

I liked some of the Sloth jokes. Hope it's fun.

Well, it's the internet :lol: Disney gave theaters a choice what to attach and Zootopia was one of the most common ones.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

BH6 opened with 50M. A 20-25M improvement on that would be great, Lego Movie targeted a younger and older audience and still managed 78M, I see this slightly lower than Lego as it has a bit more competition with London Has Fallen and WTF which should both do O/U 20M.

Lego Movie opened with 69M, not 78M.

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

Here's the plan: I'm gonna make a Sundance film called THE LIMP DICK SUMMER starring Rainn Wilson and Sam Rockwell. I know they'll pick me for the TMNT sequel. 

The guy who's directing Spidre-Boot was legit making videos for the Onion site like 3 or 4 years ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

WTF (love that acronym) will be a non-factor and LHF is doing 25M max that weekend.

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Not a big deal this time -- fortunately it was for a movie few care about. :lol: You can either click the eye icon in your post window menu, or you can type [ spoiler ] *the actual spoiler* [ /spoiler ] (just without spaces in the brackets).

Oh that's really easy, thanks, I appreciate it!

Yeah poor Zoolander 2, guess it isn't destined for a big weekend lol.

Just now, CJohn said:

Lego Movie opened with 69M, not 78M.

My mistake. But yeah, with great reviews, appeal across demos and amazing buzz going into the weekend, it still barely managed 70M. There is a limit to how much kids movies can make on OW when school is in session. Saturday will always be huge and be almost 45% of the weekend gross.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Yellowstone exploding is ridiculous. Just absurd lmao. That is not how vulcans explode. :lol: 

Actually, it would be much worse then 2012.  They'd all have zero chance of surviving.  Even at the plane.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

WTF (love that acronym) will be a non-factor and LHF is doing 25M max that weekend.

IIIIIT'SSS NOOOOOT AN ACRONYYYYYYYYYYYM

this is my one personal grammar war. i'm not usually an asshole about it but let me have this.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Other Side of the Door is also opening on that weekend but at this point it will be lucky if it does 10M OW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Huh I never saw the trailer in front of Star Wars but I saw it in IMAX 3 times, so it must not have been a part of it.

When I go to the Youtube page for the trailers, it has a ton of comments from furries (or at least did). Didn't know it appealed to anyone else besides them and kids.

I liked some of the Sloth jokes. Hope it's fun.

I had a question about this in case any of the people here who know this kind of stuff or who work / worked at a theater know, because my curiosity is eating me on this one.

Ok, so when Star Wars came out in IMAX at my theater, we had 7 trailers: X-Men Apocalypse, Star Trek, Warcraft, Kung Fu Panda 3, Independence Day 2, The Jungle Book, and Batman v. Superman. Two weeks later, they cut KFP3 from the trailers playing. Another two weeks later, Warcraft was gone as well. The final week, they were down to just 4 trailers after ditching Star Trek as well.

Why does that happen and how is it chosen which trailers just disappear suddenly? I didn't realize that the trailers before the same movie playing in the same theater in the same format could change week to week like that...? I did notice that when I saw it in IMAX at two other theaters, the trailers in front were different, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

IIIIIT'SSS NOOOOOT AN ACRONYYYYYYYYYYYM

this is my one personal grammar war. i'm not usually an asshole about it but let me have this.

COME AT ME :redcapes: 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

The Other Side of the Door is also opening on that weekend but at this point it will be lucky if it does 10M OW.

March is full of flops.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

My mistake. But yeah, with great reviews, appeal across demos and amazing buzz going into the weekend, it still barely managed 70M. There is a limit to how much kids movies can make on OW when school is in session. Saturday will always be huge and be almost 45% of the weekend gross.

Zootopia will pretty much do exactly the same as Big Hero 6.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Even the March 11 releases are actually pretty week. Cloverfield will do well on Friday, but I won't be surprised if Friday is almost half the weekend take. Grimsby, Perfect Match and Young Messiah are all DOA. On March 18, Allegiant will do whatever, Miracles from Heaven looks like another "Heaven is for real" and should do around 20M for the 5 day opening.

• Like 1