WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I didn't hate it, but my reaction to the film is literally :kitschjob:

I had no idea how to feel.

The movie is fucking insane and makes 0 sense :lol: 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ridley Scott. His power.

I think I bought it because it was super cheap (I also got that hilarious Affleck/Timberlake movie with the crocodiles in the island about money or whatever on the same day :lol: ) and because it supposedly brings the Extended Cut which I wanted to see but never did.

Huge numbers for Deadpool. Fox are probably thrilled. This obviously means more X-Men spinoffs, and most likely another crack at Fantastic Four since they have seen the potential of what it can do.

If Suicide Squad can keep the promotion up, we can see 4 CBMs above 100M OW this year for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I think I bought it because it was super cheap (I also got that hilarious Affleck/Timberlake movie with the crocodiles in the island about money or whatever on the same day :lol: ) and because it supposedly brings the Extended Cut which I wanted to see but never did.

Runner Runner? I forgot that even existed.

Just now, CJohn said:

I wanted to see that movie solely for this scene in the trailer:

tumblr_mtu3z3vIOi1ssqi8go4_250.gif

Just now, grim22 said:

Huge numbers for Deadpool. Fox are probably thrilled. This obviously means more X-Men spinoffs, and most likely another crack at Fantastic Four since they have seen the potential of what it can do.

If Suicide Squad can keep the promotion up, we can see 4 CBMs above 100M OW this year for sure.

Yup, this actually makes me believe they will try to reboot Fantastic Four in 2020 or so. I think that wasn't their plan (they were probably thinking on selling it to Marvel or something) but now they are definitely trying to reboot it again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Yup, this actually makes me believe they will try to reboot Fantastic Four in 2020 or so. I think that wasn't their plan (they were probably thinking on selling it to Marvel or something) but now they are definitely trying to reboot it again. 

I'm kind of convinced they will now. Pretty sure this Deadpool performance reinvigorated their entire CBM franchise plans now. Apocalypse will also do well this year, as much as CBM purists may hate Singer, he hasn't made a bad X-Men movie yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runner Runner? I forgot that even existed.

Holy shit yes, that is the name :rofl: The Portuguese name is so different I couldn't remember the original one.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I wanted to see that movie solely for this scene in the trailer:

tumblr_mtu3z3vIOi1ssqi8go4_250.gif

The movie is sooooooooooo boring. Nothing happens until the last 5 minutes or so :lol: Affleck is good. Because he knows he is doing crap so he hams it up nicely. Timberlake totally thinks he is getting the Oscah, tho.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The thing that sucks about all of this, is this opening proves that an R rated Suicide Squad could have worked and still been huge had it been marketed properly. Instead it's going to be watered down. 

I'm highly anticipating it but I think some of the potential is going to be missed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Ryan Reyolds and Bryan Singer will be in charge of all of Fox's Marvel Films. 

Just now, grim22 said:

I'm kind of convinced they will now. Pretty sure this Deadpool performance reinvigorated their entire CBM franchise plans now. Apocalypse will also do well this year, as much as CBM purists may hate Singer, he hasn't made a bad X-Men movie yet.

Do well is a pretty broad based term, there is a chance now Apocalypse doesn't even outgross Deadpool. Also think it will be a long time before they take another shot at Fantastic Four.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yup, Gambit is gonna get fast tracked into production. I have no idea what other spin-offs they can do. None of the new characters in Apocalypse seems strong or interesting enough to warrant a solo movie. Fantastic Four reboot will come in 2020 or so, but it is a sure thing it is happening now, while before I think the rights would revert to Marvel. 

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Do well is a pretty broad based term, there is a chance now Apocalypse doesn't even outgross Deadpool. Also think it will be a long time before they take another shot at Fantastic Four.

Based on the time between their prior tries, looks like they have a good 4-6 years to try again with the franchise. Apocalypse also plays really well OS, China itself may add 150M or more since DOFP did 125M+ in China. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Gonna be a little weird when the Thing whips out his rocky dick and slaps Dr Doom with it

• Like 3