WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

53 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

HAHAHA they took how long to greenlight this! Oh fox it just bitch slapped all of your other recent franchises.

I actually think it released at the right time. If it had come out much earlier it wouldn't have capitalised on the comic book movie boom.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Since I had to work last night and I already made plans to go out of town with some friends tonight we decided to see Deadpool there instead of my local theater. We tried to get tickets to the 6:20, 7:20, and 8:10 showings and every one ended up being sold out.( There usually isn't big crowds at my local theaters and not to familiar with this theater so we didn't think to get advance tickets).  There was no way we could wait till the 9:30  So now I can't see the movie till Monday or Tuesday. First CBM I haven't seen OW since Thor: The Dark World. 

I skipped TDW too, lol. 

23 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Wonder if Deadpool's breakout performance will help Apocalypse's numbers. Apocalypse also has DOFP's acclaim that may carry over. It has the disadvantage of being like the fourth superhero movie this year though.

Slightly, but the domestic total will be less than deadpool. Deadpool is now fox's flagship comic book movie franchise. Everything from here on will be made around deadpool. Enough of Bryan singer's nonsense.

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I still saw it in theaters. Just the next weekend. I'm still a big MCU fan but the Thor films are my least favorite. I'm hoping Ragnarok changes that. 

All it takes is a decent script and a director with a vision.

And Marvel is getting better at sniffing them out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I wonder how front loaded this is, even The Last Stand had 45m opening day, before Thursday previews existed, wom should be better

For a split second I thought you were talking about the Arnold movie that came out around this time three years ago :bash:

Edited by department store basement

• Community Manager
31 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Slightly, but the domestic total will be less than deadpool. Deadpool is now fox's flagship comic book movie franchise. Everything from here on will be made around deadpool. Enough of Bryan singer's nonsense.

Hopefully not. Hopefully FOX will have learned from how it handled Wolverine (breakout X-men character, overused to the point where it hurt his box office appeal). There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Hopefully not. Hopefully FOX will have learned from how it handled Wolverine (breakout X-men character, overused to the point where it hurt his box office appeal). There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Wait, his box office appeal was lost due to overuse? Not because, you know, people didn't like the movies he was in?

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I think they probably can, they were planning an X-Men/FF crossover movie earlier so they can obviously combine characters. The question is whether using Surfer or Doom resets the rights. Or they may just throw in a Human Torch appearance to do that. Deadpool hitting big has obviously opened a lot of possible paths they can take.

There's nothing that FF contributes to X-men. X-men is the one Marvel comic that can exist in a vacuum by itself.

If you want an X-men expanded universe you have X-Force, Deadpool, Gambit, Cable, New Mutants, etc.

Fantastic Four is just a distraction from those.

• Like 5