GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:
1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Its far from locked. Its the first SW film outside the main story.

I have noticed a pattern. Those who were around and aware for the first trilogy tend to understand SW box office better than those who see the franchise through the lens of the prequels. Star Wars is back to be more a reflection of the original trilogy. Rogue will have 500 million by New Years. Day.

I did not buy advance tickets for TFA but I certainly will for Rogue 1 and SW 8.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I have noticed a pattern. Those who were around and aware for the first trilogy tend to understand SW box office better than those who see the franchise through the lens of the prequels. Star Wars is back to be more a reflection of the original trilogy. Rogue will have 500 million by New Years. Day.

I did not buy advance tickets for TFA but I certainly will for Rogue 1 and SW 8.

BWAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SWXII said:

bnMGL.gif

It'll hit 500M by mid-February, sure.

• Like 2

The prequels were incredibly successful movies as well, and ROTS very well received by fans and critics, but it still wasn't more than $500M adjusted when I last checked last year. I don't see how Rogue One is a lock for $500M. 

I'm as big of a SW fan as you can get, but I mean... keep your expectations measured. It could be a great film and make $375M and there's nothing wrong with that. For a side story to the main story, that would still be quite great. Think of it like this, Marvel's smaller movies are like Ant Man or Guardians of the Galaxy and even as big of a breakout as GOTW was it still didn't hit $400M. Ant Man did well for what it was but couldn't crack $200M.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I have noticed a pattern. Those who were around and aware for the first trilogy tend to understand SW box office better than those who see the franchise through the lens of the prequels. Star Wars is back to be more a reflection of the original trilogy.

SW: 307M

Empire: 209M

That's a drop of 32%.

TPM: 431M

Clones: 302M

That's a drop of 30%. So basically the same for both trilogies.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I'm 44.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

The prequels were incredibly successful movies as well, and ROTS very well received by fans and critics, but it still wasn't more than $500M adjusted when I last checked last year. I don't see how Rogue One is a lock for $500M. 

I'm as big of a SW fan as you can get, but I mean... keep your expectations measured. It could be a great film and make $375M and there's nothing wrong with that. For a side story to the main story, that would still be quite great. Think of it like this, Marvel's smaller movies are like Ant Man or Guardians of the Galaxy and even as big of a breakout as GOTW was it still didn't hit $400M. Ant Man did well for what it was but couldn't crack $200M.

The prequels made buckets with a dissatisfied fan base. Kathleen Kennedy understands the fan base. So did George but he made the film's as he wanted them. That will no longer be the case. Despite silly petitions. 500 million by NYE.