kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

I just checked twitter reactions from screenings, even though they are not the most trust worthy. people seem to have enjoyed.

found a rating from a writer at UPROXX. he is on RT

That's the guy on letterboxd who said he wished it were Spy. 

But yes most of them were positive reactions lol 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nova said:

Reads the reviews on Letterboxd. One talks about Reynolds and Jackson chemistry (3.5 stars). The other wishes it were Spy (2 stars). 

Shrugs. 

From what I've gathered this movie sounds to me like its a lot like Central Intelligence in that script/story probably sucks but it's all saved because of the chemistry between the two leads. I loved Central Intelligence. I know a lot of people didn't or a lot of people who thought it was average. And that's okay, obviously. 

Personally, I am not watching this movie for the story itself (what kind of hitman needs a Bodyguard? Seriously lol) I just want to go to the theater and laugh my ass off. I feel like I haven't been to a movie that's done that in a while. In t-minus 12 hours, I will see if this movie delivers in that regard. If it doesn't....well it won't be the first film that's disappointed me and it won't be the last ;) 

Really hoping the Reynolds/Jackson chemistry is as good as it is in the trailers though lol Otherwise I am gonna be pissed 

I really enjoyed Central Intelligence but the story wasn't the reason why I went to see the film, it was for the Johnson/Hart combo. I hope The Hitman's Bodyguard is of similar quality, I'm not expecting to be more than a solid action comedy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I really enjoyed Central Intelligence but the story wasn't the reason why I went to see the film, it was for the Johnson/Hart combo. I hope The Hitman's Bodyguard is of similar quality, I'm not expecting to be more than a solid action comedy. 

I'm the same way. I went to see CI because of Johnson/Hart and it delivered in that regard. 

Personally, I had no interest in this film when it was first announced. In my mind, I was like what are Reynolds and Jackson doing. 

Then i watched that first trailer and I was sold. Not because of the story (I could care less about that) but the duo of Reynolds/Jackson

T-minus two hours until showtime! 

Not that I ever care about reviews anyway but this is one film that was sold to me on the Sam Jackson and Ryan Reynolds pairing. And the fact that Sam Jackson gets to use his favorite word as often as he does has made me even more interested. I just can't wait for it to come out now.

Way it looks to me is that if people are giving us a bad review then they're watching it for the wrong reasons. Everything that I've heard about it from the people here who have seen it have said that it's going to be a crowd-pleaser and that's enough for me. Or someone's going into it looking for the right cinematography in the lighting being off or the director's choice is being off and so on then they're not looking for the same thing that I'm looking for.

• Like 2

Was the embargo been lifted?

Two Rotten Tomatoes critics has let their feeling known about this movie:

Josh Kurp gives it a C-

Ian Freer of Empire wrote his full review and he only give it 2/5

But it mean nothing right now, it's only two critics, it's still early.

9 minutes ago, Mike Branson said:

Was the embargo been lifted?

Two Rotten Tomatoes critics has let their feeling known about this movie:

Josh Kurp gives it a C-

Ian Freer of Empire wrote his full review and he only give it 2/5

But it mean nothing right now, it's only two critics, it's still early.

that's surprising. empire usually gives positive reviews to most movies.

Just got out. This movie delivers on everything it promises in the trailer. It's hilarious. I laughed out loud on more than one occasion. As did the entire theater. The action is great. The chemistry between Reynolds/Jackson is truly what makes this movie good. Like I wish I could see them in more movies together. 

If you're looking for a good time at the theater and want to laugh your ass off, definitely check this movie out. 

This movie is a solid 8/10 for me. Definitely one of the better movies of the summer. 

Absolutely hilarious. I can't stress that enough. 

My only flaws are that Hayek wasn't in the movie enough (every time she's on screen I was busting my ass laughing) and there were times when the graphics were fuzzy but I think that was on purpose. 

Now go see this movie. Seriously. You won't be disappointed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alli said:

that's surprising. empire usually gives positive reviews to most movies.

Just my opinion and I'm not trying to discredit anyone who doesn't like this film BUT this movie was excellent. It gives you everything it promises. 

Great humor 

Great action 

FANTASTIC Reynolds/Jackson chemistry 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't see this opening higher than Snatched or Office Christmas Party at this point tbh.

I can. 

After watching it, I can see it opening $25M+ if it can generate the WOM I think it will. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

Just got out. This movie delivers on everything it promises in the trailer. It's hilarious. I laughed out loud on more than one occasion. As did the entire theater. The action is great. The chemistry between Reynolds/Jackson is truly what makes this movie good. Like I wish I could see them in more movies together. 

If you're looking for a good time at the theater and want to laugh your ass off, definitely check this movie out. 

This movie is a solid 8/10 for me. Definitely one of the better movies of the summer. 

Absolutely hilarious. I can't stress that enough. 

My only flaws are that Hayek wasn't in the movie enough (every time she's on screen I was busting my ass laughing) and there were times when the graphics were fuzzy but I think that was on purpose. 

Now go see this movie. Seriously. You won't be disappointed. 

Glad you liked it, I assume it would be a solid action comedy and happy that it's delivers on that. How was Gary Oldman?

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Also I can see critics not liking it but this film is a pure crowd pleaser. I can't stress that enough. 

My crowd absolutely loved it. 

I assume the story is probably a bit crap but I don't think anyone will care. I imagine similar reviews to CI would be a win for the film.

Edited by Jonwo

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Glad you liked it, I assume it would be a solid action comedy and happy that it's delivers on that. How was Gary Oldman?

I assume the story is probably a bit crap but I don't think anyone will care. I imagine similar reviews to CI would be a win for the film.

Gary Oldman does his job just fine. Just know that him and Hayek do take a back seat. Although like I said before I wish Hayek was in it more because every time she was on screen the theater was busting out laughing. 

The biggest issue for the film that I can see, is that it switches from a serious tone to comedy really quick BUT imo that's what makes the movie good. I didn't think the story was THAT bad to be honest but this movie definitely lives off of the comedy and action and delivers on that 100% 

• Like 1