kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

22 minutes ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

Where's the tv spots? I checked ispot.com  and still no tv spots existed for THB.

Logan Lucky with a much smaller distribution company, has been running tv spots for the last week and a half.

Is this unusual for a movie a month away from release not to have a tv spot?

Could THB be moving its release date?

Or maybe they don't feel the need to spend  money right now?

There's still a month to go and Lionsgate also needs to advertise Glass Castle.

• Like 1

If this movie flops, Lionsgate has no one to blame but themselves. Based on reactions from screenings, the film is actually a crowd pleasing film and not that bad. Therefore I'm going to assume it's a pretty decent film. So after the first trailer dropped, the trailer got very positive reactions and you'd think Lionsgate would be like hey we've got a decent film and strong reactions from the trailer so let's keep it going but ever since there's been very little promo for this film. If I didn't follow movies, I'd have no idea it existed. 

I wouldnt be shocked if this opens to like $10M with the way the promo for it is going. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nova said:

If this movie flops, Lionsgate has no one to blame but themselves. Based on reactions from screenings, the film is actually a crowd pleasing film and not that bad. Therefore I'm going to assume it's a pretty decent film. So after the first trailer dropped, the trailer got very positive reactions and you'd think Lionsgate would be like hey we've got a decent film and strong reactions from the trailer so let's keep it going but ever since there's been very little promo for this film. If I didn't follow movies, I'd have no idea it existed. 

I wouldnt be shocked if this opens to like $10M with the way the promo for it is going. 

It's a late August release. Wouldn't surprise me if it sucks.

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Empire City said it got pretty good reactions at his screening and he said it wasn't bad...he's the one who said he expects it to be a crowd pleasing film. Scott Mendelson in his summer box office report said that exhibitors were pretty high on the film based on the screening they saw and that he thinks it would do well based on his thoughts about the film. 

So I'm inclined to believe that the movie is at least decent. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Fair enough, but don't forget that last year, Don't Breathe came out in late August, as did Kubo And The Two Strings. August seems to be the place for quirkier/riskier films to be released during the Summer.

32 minutes ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

Umm? The critics embargo won't be lifted until release date 8/18/17

Critics embargos are changed all the time. Studios typically set the embargo really close/on the release date initially and then change it when the release date gets closer...or if they have a stinker of a film they just keep the embargo where it is. 

Some critics have already seen this film so like I said above, I expect this to be decent. It's box office is another story especially with Logan Lucky getting killer reviews at the moment. But we shall see. 

• Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 8:18 PM, filmlover said:

That's a pretty silly way of looking at things.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nova said:

Critics embargos are changed all the time. Studios typically set the embargo really close/on the release date initially and then change it when the release date gets closer...or if they have a stinker of a film they just keep the embargo where it is. 

Some critics have already seen this film so like I said above, I expect this to be decent. It's box office is another story especially with Logan Lucky getting killer reviews at the moment. But we shall see. 

I agree the embargo date may change. And I agree box office is another story. I think it will have good box numbers no matter if the reviews are good or bad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alli said:

I think Logan lucky will annihilate this. even tho this has more general public appeal. we shall see...RR needs a hit outside of Deadpool

I think Logan Lucky will get lost in the shuffle.  It's too esoteric imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I think Logan Lucky will get lost in the shuffle.  It's too esoteric imo.

i think it will surprise a la Baby driver. people thought that one will only appeal to Wright fans too.

3 hours ago, Alli said:

I think Logan lucky will annihilate this. even tho this has more general public appeal. we shall see...RR needs a hit outside of Deadpool

I think both films can exist at the same time personally. Especially because by the time they both come out most of the competition will have run its course. I'm just not too high on this doing well like I was before simply because the marketing has been really lacking.