kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

This is the only movie left in the summer that I am looking forward to. The trailers have been really good and it looks like Ryan Reynolds and Samuel Jackson are at least having fun together.

This movie is all over the tv now,I've seen about 15 tv spots already today.

I'm changed my mind again about ow. I thought Logan Lucky would beat THB, but now THB will win.

August 18-20

1. THB  $39m

2. Nut Job $27m

3. Logan Lucky $15m

4. Dark Tower $10m

5. Atomic Blonde $7m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

I'm changed my mind again about ow. I thought Logan Lucky would beat THB, but now THB will win.

August 18-20

1. THB  $39m

2. Nut Job $27m

3. Logan Lucky $15m

4. Dark Tower $10m

5. Atomic Blonde $7m

Yea I've seen a shit ton of TV spots the last couple days. It's like Lionsgate heard my bitching or something. But $39M is way too much in my opinion. I think this will be lucky to hit $20M, to be honest. 

Edited by Nova

4 hours ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

August 18-20

1. THB  $39m

2. Nut Job $27m

3. Logan Lucky $15m

4. Dark Tower $10m

5. Atomic Blonde $7m

Both, Hitman's and Nut are too high.

But to another point. We often forget Hollywood is a business and each movie is a business in itself.

Every Sunday the media make too big of a deal about what movie was number one or two and the box office numbers.

But that not telling us the actual success of each movie. For example, HM and LL opens the same weekend,

if HM is the #1and makes 39 mil and LL #3 movie and only makes 15 mil, that doesn't mean HM is a more successful movie.

This is because a movie is not in direct competition with other movies. Just like any business a movie is in competition with its negative cost. So HB can more than double the box office of LL, but LL can actually be a more profitable movie.

• Like 1

It's too bad this is coming out so late in August. I wish it was coming out a week or two earlier. Really think the trailers are good and it looks to be a crowd-pleaser.

On 29/07/2017 at 0:37 AM, ClaudeManhattan said:

August 18-20

1. THB  $39m

2. Nut Job $27m

3. Logan Lucky $15m

4. Dark Tower $10m

5. Atomic Blonde $7m

What about Annabelle: Creation?

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I need this to come out and I need it to come out now god damn it. Give me my Nick Fury and Deadpool cross over, already! 

Another crazed Marvel fan.

Nick Fury and Deadpool is not in this movie.

Repeat: Nick Fury and Deadpool is not in this movie!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

It's too bad this is coming out so late in August. I wish it was coming out a week or two earlier. Really think the trailers are good and it looks to be a crowd-pleaser.

I think it's a good spot, it'll probably be able to match what The Expendables 1 and 2 did on their OW, maybe a tad higher.

August is a tricky month for movies. It's a month where we see a lot of indies movies or bad studio movies.

The only movie to breakout in August was GOTG, but that was release August 1st.

Ryan Reynolds needs a hit outside of Deadpool, maybe this one will deliver.

His last August movie (RIPD) was a disaster, but that was pre- Deadpool.

A non-indie movie coming out in mid-August doesn't bold well for the quality of the movie.

Usually, good R rated comedies are release between April to July and at the holidays.

The fact this one is in the dumping ground of mid-August is scary.

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Comedies have had a history of breaking out opening mid-August. 40 Year Old Virgin and Superbad come to mind.

The point is not to write this off just because of its release date.

Not to mention, Lionsgate had success with The Expendables films in this slot as well although this is way more light hearted than those films

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

Comedies have had a history of breaking out opening mid-August. 40 Year Old Virgin and Superbad come to mind.

The point is not to write this off just because of its release date.

If this was an Apatow Production I could see your point

1 hour ago, Mike Branson said:

August is a tricky month for movies. It's a month where we see a lot of indies movies or bad studio movies.

The only movie to breakout in August was GOTG, but that was release August 1st.

Ryan Reynolds needs a hit outside of Deadpool, maybe this one will deliver.

His last August movie (RIPD) was a disaster, but that was pre- Deadpool.

A non-indie movie coming out in mid-August doesn't bold well for the quality of the movie.

Usually, good R rated comedies are release between April to July and at the holidays.

The fact this one is in the dumping ground of mid-August is scary.

Well this year Baywatch and Rough Night were all released between April and July and they weren't exactly getting good reviews and their box office says they were pretty bad. 

So just because a movie is released during a certain month, doesn't mean it'll be good or bad. 

Ive said this before in this thread and I'll say it again. This film was screened back during Cinemacon (I think that's where it was) and based on what was reported, it got a good reaction. I'm not saying this movie is great or anything but what I am saying is that it's not this turd or awful movie that some folks are making it out to be just because it's getting a mid-August release. 

And whats funny is that folks early in the year were like "August is dead! Why isn't a studio releasing a movie there!" 

Lionsgate is releasing their mid-budget action comedy during the month of August probably because like everyone was saying, the month is dead. 

• Like 1