BadAtGender

Best Animated Feature - 2016: Zootopia, Moana, Kubo, Zucchini, Red Turtle

On March 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Spaghetti said:

Found an indie potential! 

Moana (If this wins Best Original Song, Lin Manuel Miranda will be the fastest person to win the EGOT)

Zootopia

Kubo & The Two Strings

The Little Prince

Loving Vincent

I hope Lin-Manuel Miranda pulls it off.  An Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony, and Pulitzer Prize winner at the age of 36.  The guy is no one hit wonder, he's a genius librettist, a great contemporary composer, and a fantastic actor.  

As as for my nom predicts

Zootopia

Moana

Finding Dory

Kubo

Little Prince

Edited by The Panda Knight
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

April and the Extraordinary World has great reviews. If Pets is received how I think it will be I don't think it's getting in

I fully expect it to be in the Rio level of acclaim.

Edited by cannastop

I think April and the Extraordinary World is going to make it. That means we have got two near-definite locks now, in Zoo and this. Believing that Dory will make it too, we only get 2 places left. KFP3, Kubo and the 2 strings, Little Prince and Moana are the current contenders for those. If two of them fail to deliver and/or Secret life of pets gets lots of love, it might take one of their's places. Can't see anything else for now.

Edited by Infernus

On 16/03/2016 at 8:02 PM, Spaghetti said:

Found an indie potential! 

Moana (If this wins Best Original Song, Lin Manuel Miranda will be the fastest person to win the EGOT)

Zootopia

Kubo & The Two Strings

The Little Prince

Loving Vincent

What did LMM get an Emmy for?

Hmm... Loving Vincent may actually stand a strong chance, especially considering the technique it is using. If it delivers then one of Zootopia/Dory/Moana is getting snubbed (since I think Kubo and April are definite locks too). I suspect release woes may thwart The Little Prince, but if they don't, then we may actually have TWO of the Disney umbrella films getting snubbed. :o

Red Turtle is going to win this and get a score nomination. 

I've heard rumors that Finding Dory isn't great and am expecting it to falter -- has Disney ever landed three here?

1. Red Turtle

2. Moana

3. Zootopia

4. Kubo and the Two Strings 

5. April and the Extraordinary World

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TStechnij said:

Red Turtle is going to win this and get a score nomination. 

I've heard rumors that Finding Dory isn't great and am expecting it to falter -- has Disney ever landed three here?

1. Red Turtle

2. Moana

3. Zootopia

4. Kubo and the Two Strings 

5. April and the Extraordinary World

2012: Brave, Ralph, Frankenweenie

44 minutes ago, TStechnij said:

I'm not enthusiastic about Finding Dory, but I seriously doubt those rumors. Where did you even hear about that?

Guys I saw THE RED TURTLE in Cannes and it blew me way

But more so, I was floored by MY LIFE AS A COURGETTE, a french film that made me cry like Inside Out

If this gets distribution, its a shoo-in for a nom and maybe a win