WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: (Page 18): Deadpool 31.5M | Gods 14M | KFP 9M | Risen 7M | Eddie 6.3M | Triple 9 6.1M | Spectre 16k (lol)

That Eddie number is admittedly quite disappointing, more because I think the movie looks great, not because I've seen it and it IS great. My theatre didn't get it this weekend which isn't surprising considering the low theatre count.

Triple 9 on the other hand I could care less about. I may see the movie tonight as part of my double feature, but it's floppage isn't too surprising I guess.

• Like 1

Speaking of Grimsby, just got this email. The studio may be overestimating Cohen's fan following

The Brothers Grimsby is a new R rated comedy starring Sacha Baron Cohen and featuring Mark Strong, Rebel Wilson, Isla Fisher, and Penelope Cruz. A British black ops spy is forced to go on the run with his brother, an idiot soccer hooligan. 

The film is anticipated to have an R-rating for strong sexual content, language, and violence.

Dress up as your favorite Sacha Baron Cohen character and gain entry to the exclusive fan pit for an opportunity to meet Sacha Baron Cohen in person and have your picture taken. Please arrive no later than 5:15PM to participate in the fan pit experience. 

WHO: Ages 17 to 39 

WHERE: Westwood Village Theater | 961 Broxton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 

WHEN: Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 7:30 PM 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wait, so in America, does R mean you have to be 17 or older to get in?

Cause if so holy crap, I just realized I'm now old enough to go to R rated movies...

Or with a person 17 or older.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Speaking of Grimsby, just got this email. The studio may be overestimating Cohen's fan following

Lol, well, that is gonna fail. I think The Dictator numbers would be a good result. 

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

It opened with the 17th best OW of all times with an inflated sunday.

It's becoming one of the biggest selling comics movies of all time. Yet so many people thought it would sink which i'm glad it doing so great because He's my 2nd fav character followed by X-23.

Now we just need X-23 movie or x force with her in it. 

X-23/Jubliee mhmh best love story. 

Edited by drakeyuuhi

11 minutes ago, DAR said:

I had no idea he had a new movie out

In some of the Sony emails that discussed The Brothers Grimsby they had a list of actors who could star alongside Sacha Baron Cohen where they had an A-list column that included Jude Law and Ewan McGregor. LOL did they time travel back to 2004-2005 to when they made that list?

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

In some of the Sony emails that discussed The Brothers Grimsby they had a list of actors who could star alongside Sacha Baron Cohen where they had an A-list column that included Jude Law and Ewan McGregor. LOL did they time travel back to 2004-2005 to when they made that list?

Jude Law and Ewan McGregor are solid names, but A-list? Woah... :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jude Law and Ewan McGregor are solid names, but A-list? Woah... :lol: 

Remember the last time Chris Rock hosted the Oscars when he made that joke about Jude Law being every movie (he was in almost every single movie that came out in the last third of 2004, whether it was a lead role- Closer, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow- or a small one- The Aviator, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events) and then Sean Penn defended Law's acting when he came out to present Best Actress later and sucked all the air out of the room in the process? Great times.

I hope Chris Rock delivers again tomorrow. This is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen during an Oscar telecast:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How do you determine which actors belong on the A list?

I imagine based on the number of $100M+ grossers you headline.

I remember reading some list from those emails where they were casting a movie (forget what it was) and they had Michelle Williams listed in the A-list category and in the next category they had Naomi Watts. I'm sorry, I love Williams but...what? How the hell is she anymore of an A-lister than Watts is?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

Hollywood and media seems to use A-list differently than general audience members who care about stars and people who follow box office. Sometimes it feels Hollywood uses A-list as in who has name recognition and gets to invited to A-list parties.

True, but it still boggles the mind that any reasonable Hollywood executive would place Michelle Williams (who was really only known for television until Brokeback Mountain and is mostly known as a prestige/indie actress) as being an A-lister and Naomi Watts (who has been very active and visible ever since her breakthrough almost a decade and a half ago) on a lower level of drawing power.

Girl at work texted me saying the theatre got a call from some kids who sounded like they were 12 or 13 saying the new Warcraft movie in an "unjust adaptation" and "unfair to fans" and that if we play it (the movie) they will not come see it.

Like how are you supposed to answer that? "Okay um bye."

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1