Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Harry Potter helped kick off the literary movement on the big screen and showed that book franchises can have massive big screen potential too. 

Yes, this. I really don't think HP can be included in the YA subset because it really wasn't a YA series. It didn't kick off the "YA trend" so much as the "book series adaptation trend." Twilight was the YA that started the YA trend in my opinion. And Divergent will be the one that buries it.

Edited by Nutterbutter
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The fact that a mystery drama, no matter how massive the book is, opened to $70m still baffles the hell out of me! 

The book sold tens of millions of copies.  It had a good hook and was easy action packed reading with short chapters - ideal for beaches, commutes and a few pages before bed.  People who said "they don't read" read it.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Shut up! I can't wait to see Marvel being humiliated next week, I'm a HUGE Marvel fan, but I can't handle two humiliations in a row, first, A2 being destroyed by F7 last year, now, CW being killed by BVS, I'm definitely leaving the fandom once that CW ends being a disappointment  https://i.imgur.com/

What the fuck :lol: ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The book sold tens of millions of copies.  It had a good hook and was easy action packed reading with short chapters - ideal for beaches, commutes and a few pages before bed.  People who said "they don't read" read it.

The book and the movie were also centers of great controversy which if anything drove up interest even more.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

The books sold tens of millions of copies.  It had a good hook and was easy action packed reading with short chapters - ideal for beaches, commutes and a few pages before bed.  People who said "they don't read" read it.

I never understood why The da Vinci Code was ever taken seriously and so controversial, because the writing/plotting of the actual book was so goofy and stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Currently have an internal dilemma raging. I promised a friend that I would see Zootopia with her next week, but it's on this weekend, and a start time fits really well with when I get out of High Rise. Do I go? Do I not? Decisions decisions. 

What's the dilemma if it fits in your schedule?   Do you have other plans, do you not want to see it?

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

I never understood why The da Vinci Code was ever taken seriously and so controversial, because the writing/plotting of the actual book was so goofy and stupid.

Considering how uptight religious people can be, of course they would get upset over something that caught on with the public with heavily blasphemous implications.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Currently have an internal dilemma raging. I promised a friend that I would see Zootopia with her next week, but it's on this weekend, and a start time fits really well with when I get out of High Rise. Do I go? Do I not? Decisions decisions. 

Did you watch The Forest?

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Considering how uptight religious people can be, of course they would get upset over something that caught on with the public with heavily blasphemous implications.

Yeah, it was so blasphemous. You had to have the mark of the beast on your palm if you wanted to buy a ticket to see it.