Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Lions Gate literally has no other franchises. I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead with Ascendant and just slash the budget massively. 

They have Power Rangers and Now You See Me.

If Allegiant had the same Saturday bump from Non-Preview Friday as Insurgent it would have had an 11.1m Saturday.

Came in a little below that at 10.8m.

The 1st 2 Divergents dropped 40% and 42% on Sunday.

Even a 35% Sunday drop won't give Allegiant 30m.

11.9 + 10.8 + 7 (-35%) = 29.7m

11.9 + 10.8 + 6.5 (-40%) = 29.2m

8 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

If that Saturday for 10CL holds then we're looking a sub 50% second weekend drop, fabulous.

It's possible that it's drop can be close to half of Cloverfield's 68% 2nd weekend spike. Pretty awesome. Stronger legs than the first movie confirmed; now all we need is for those legs to carry it all the way to match or even beat the original's 80M for this to work out just as flawlessly as possible for Paramount. Seriously, they kinda needed this win desperately. Their 2015 was awful besides Rogue Nation, SpongeBob and Daddy's Home.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

If that Saturday for 10CL holds then we're looking a sub 50% second weekend drop, fabulous.

If it survives next weekend it has a real shot at getting close to Cloverfield's total, and with a smaller budget. This anthology franchise is legit. I hope thy wait at least 4-5 years before they make another one.

Just now, Joel M said:

If it survives next weekend it has a real shot at getting close to Cloverfield's total, and with a smaller budget. This anthology franchise is legit. I hope thy wait at least 4-5 years before they make another one.

80M? You are joking right?

3 minutes ago, Kung Fu Panda Tree said:

80M? You are joking right?

More like low-70s which is close enough to the original. Of course it'll need to not collapse under BvS opening next weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It is so bad as the last two, that's why I don't get the terrible reception, if you enjoyed the last two shits, you're going to love this one

Cool cool. Getting more and more excited with ever thing I hear. B)

20 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm not saying it's positive, it's just not the disaster haters were hoping for. There were people predicting a $20M OW :popcorn:

Dude, you're always talking about this $20m prediction, but, I actually didn't see anyone saying this, bring me some evidences or I'm gonna start thinking that you're bringing these numbers from your head to make these numbers look not so horrible as they are

3 hours ago, Chinoiserie said:

Didn't people say Zootopia would not have a great weekend because of Spring Break?

Does anyone else think that YA films might be suffering because the sequels seem to be always released one year from another? People get tired.

Indeed. Mockingjay declined because they're releasing it every year, hence making the public tired of the franchise.

Whereas with Harry Potter, it managed to sustain interest since they were not releasing a film every year. There were some two year gaps, which was perfect for the public to miss Potter and get hyped again for another film.

9 hours ago, CJohn said:

Instead they decided to switch the titles :rofl: They should have gone the Maze Runner route. FOX was smart. It was a profitable franchise, but nothing justified the splitting of the final book into two movies. I am still shocked Lionsgate move forward with Divergent finale split into two movies. And instead of a final entry that would make some money (with 3D instead of this nonsense of going back to 2D only) they are now stuck with a bomb and the embarrassment of having to pull the final movie from schedule and cancelling it.

That's was actually a bad idea, I heard A LOT of people at cinema asking if it was the final movie or don't, LMFAO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

That's was actually a bad idea, I heard A LOT of people at cinema asking if it was the final movie or don't, LMFAO

Pretty much everyone I knew also thought it was the last movie.