cannastop

Monday: Zootopia makes $3.72 million, Allegiant $2.02M, Heaven $1.35M, 10 Cloverfield $1.23M, Deadpool $0.87M

Lol Cannastop it's not doing 32m this weekend. That 3.7m figure is exactly where it needs to be for the Monday before Easter. Zoo will make between 25-28m this weekend. Friday will be big but Saturday will be flat or decline and Sunday will drop big.

Matter of fact this Friday could be close to or over this past Friday before correcting the rest of the weekend. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Lol Cannastop it's not doing 32m this weekend. That 3.7m figure is exactly where it needs to be for the Monday before Easter. Zoo will make between 25-28m this weekend. Friday will be big but Saturday will be flat or decline and Sunday will drop big.

Matter of fact this Friday could be close to or over this past Friday before correcting the rest of the weekend. 

Alright, I have a history of overestimating this movie. But don't you think Zootopia has a history of outdoing estimates? I thought that $3 million would be an optimistic Monday total.

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

So in US people do not go to movies in Easter or the day before but do much more than usual on Christmas? How does that make sense?

5 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

So in US people do not go to movies in Easter or the day before but do much more than usual on Christmas? How does that make sense?

No, I don't think that's a trend. Easter isn't a slower day for movies than usual.