CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

I hear you, and I understand that some people are sensitive about this and I'll keep it cool.

It it was a joke. If you actually care about the future of the DCCU, I'm not the enemy here. Some people might not realize, but I'm as much as a DC fan as any other here, if not more. I've loved these characters my entire life, hence why I hate to see their characterization getting such a bastardized treatment.

The hillarity of having a gif with Adriana Esteves playing Carminha on a BvS thread CANNOT go unnoticed. :lol:

It all makes sense now.

• Like 2

So Collide disappeared from the schedule and now the only thing opening wide next weekend is God's Not Dead 2. (Though I guess WB will expand Midnight Special. It'd be stupid of them not to). Will be funny if BVS drops harder against that than MOS dropped against the $150m combo of Monsters U and World War Z. 

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, it's similar to the desktop version, just the layout is a bit different. Go to your menu on the upper right (where you see notifications), and go to Account -> Account Settings. Scroll down and underneath some of your basic info there's "Ignored Users". Click on that and you get a place where you can add names to your ignore list.

I see it. Thanks, Tele!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I hear you, and I understand that some people are sensitive about this and I'll keep it cool.

Thank you. I am glad you understand. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

The hillarity of having a gif with Adriana Esteves playing Carminha on a BvS thread CANNOT go unnoticed. :lol:

I don't get it :) Why is that hilarious?

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'd do an NYC check, but there are too many showings. I'm not doing that. 

My thoughts exactly every time I do it.

However, I will do a brief summary in a bit.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kitik said:

Reviews aren't going to hurt this. At least not on OW. People have been planning on seeing this movie for years. If MOS didn't put you off of it, and if seeing the title (BvS:DoJ? really?) didn't put you off of it, the reviews won't either. At least not for the folks who have been planning on opening weekend for a while.

It's still going to make the same 190-210M it would have made if all the reviews said it was just as good as Captain America or Ant-Man or any other average superhero movie (I mean average from a critic or audience reaction perspective).

Now the legs might be ugly. But we're still heading for a big OW. (Not saying 190-210 is guaranteed, but it's going to make whatever it was going to make this weekend, reviews be damned.)

Once again, I'm just one person. I was definitely planning on seeing it this weekend since announced and I'm not now.

There are definitely more people like me out there. The super fans are going to show up no matter what but the fans who were on the fence....I guess we'll see.

Because again I've read comments from people who have said they are waiting now. We will never know what it could have made if it wasn't this low on RT.

• Like 2