CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

18 minutes ago, M37 said:

Ok, so I'm new here (obviously).   But who is this RTH and why do people beckon for him/her?

If I understand correctly, he works for a (the?) company that receives raw data from all(?) the theaters all over the world and crunches these numbers for all the various big studios. IIRC he started frequenting these boards around the first Avengers opening weekend.

Tl;dr: He possess the all-seeing eye that we mere mortals do not. Praise be!

10 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I don't think it will have those legs, the movie is confusing for many people.It will not have much of a young audience and many of the people who go in expecting something easy to follow will hate it. Damn you Snyder for adding stupid pointless dream sequences while sacrificing story .....  

Imo it will easily have those legs at least matching MOS and IM3

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I thought about adding Civil War. I'm just not convinced it's going to open to more than $100 million at this point.

Uh what? Spider-Man in that last trailer nearly broke the Internet. I'd bet major money on it making more than 135M, and I see it closer to 160-170M.

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

Imo it will easily have those legs at least matching MOS and IM3

I hope you're right , just for the sake of this universe not being cancelled. I've waited so long for this to happen , sigh.I'm going to see it in theaters three hours from now. WOM here is mixed ,but most of the negative ones are about the movie being confusing.That's why I think it's all Snyder's fault,him admitting he wanted to make the movie confusing by adding his artistic touch and all that.

1 minute ago, Blankie Cochran said:

Uh what? Spider-Man in that last trailer nearly broke the Internet. I'd bet major money on it making more than 135M, and I see it closer to 160-170M.

Civil War OW will top BvS.   It's basically Avengers 3, and the big lead in to Infinity War I & II.   

Shall I go on a rant in the spoiler thread explaining in bullet points the main things I hated about this movie? Maybe the few things I liked and then the things I hated? Or should I just leave it be? Decisions decisions.

1 minute ago, Blankie Cochran said:

Shall I go on a rant in the spoiler thread explaining in bullet points the main things I hated about this movie? Maybe the few things I liked and then the things I hated? Or should I just leave it be? Decisions decisions.

Frankly-my-dear-I-don-t-give-a-damn-scar

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So looks like no further updates currently, so I am out. See you guys tomorrow, along with viewing #3.

Just wanna say I'm extremely happy you like it, even though I didn't. Just because purchasing that Regal ticket and then hating it would've been tragic :lol:

6 minutes ago, jse said:

If I understand correctly, he works for a (the?) company that receives raw data from all(?) the theaters all over the world and crunches these numbers for all the various big studios. IIRC he started frequenting these boards around the first Avengers opening weekend.

Tl;dr: He possess the all-seeing eye that we mere mortals do not. Praise be!

Only a couple people here know who/what he works for but he obviously has access to the raw data.

Anyone can look at the data after the day is over but Rth is real good at sampling data during the day and by looking at the trends and understanding historical results and he can come up with fairly accurate predictions.

Over the years he has been kind enough to share them with us.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

What a group of posters where a movie being poential the third-fifth all time highest OD is a net negative and how this dooms certain results

WOM in my country , not the posters.The WOM in my country is mixed mainly because the movie is confusing.I think if this movie followed a clear path the results would have been amazing.I mean the WOM.