CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2016 right now is the biggest year ever! March 2016 could be close to the record that 2012 had and with 3 movies so far this year making pretty damn good money and it's not even summer yet. This is going to be a huge year. Predicting the top 10 domestic for 2016. 1)Rogue One:460 million, 2)Batman Vs. Superman:405 million, 3) Finding Dory:400 million, 4)Deadpool: 370 million, 5) Captain America:Civil War:365 million, 6) Zootopia:290 million, 7) Fantastic Beasts: 285 million, 8)X-Men Apocylpse:240 million, 9)Suicide Squad:230 million, 10) The Jungle Book:220 million. Honorable mentions: Secret Life Of Pets:205 million, Star Trek:Beyond:200 million.

Just watched the RedLetterMedia review. Unlike MoS, which they sincerely loathed, they knew what to expect from this and found it more (unintentionally) amusing. They also say that Affleck's Batman is the only good thing about it and they'd happily watch his solo movie.

Edited by Hatebox

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

It's the 1st movie of the Summer with better WOM than BvsS just had to endure.. This is going to be really big.. Some of you are lowballing this a little too much for your own good..

Better WOM? How when we're a month away from release and it hasn't even been screened to critics?

My prediction still sees an increase in the OW from The Winter Soldier. 

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, it's true. You guys found out our hidden secret. Shawn and WB and I are a secret cabal and we decide which films the mods are allowed to root for and which ones they can't. I send a PM giving all the mods their marching orders and make sure they praise the films we want them to, and trash the ones we don't. 

I thought we were clever enough to keep it all hidden, but you guys were too smart and you figured it out. 

93923909_by_scarecrow113-d8xv1ej.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

I don't think any studio is gonna be able to compete with Disney in terms of IPOs and franchises. Let's not forget that Disney is a full-on brand (one that produces family-friendly product primarily now that they seem to have shuttered Touchstone), while the rest are just studios that produce movies (yeah, Universal is in the theme park business too but they're still mainly a movie studio that puts all different kinds of stuff).

If you look at Disney's big four (Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Disney Animation) you can plan movies 10 years ahead.

You can't do that for Universal's big three (Furious, Jurassic, Despicable Me).

How do you keep Universal's big three fresh sequel after sequel after sequel. That will be the challenge.

Also when was the last time before the summer started did we have two or more films debut with over 100 million? I don't think there was any. But once again this year's first quarter is huge, I thought yesterday people were complaining that digital was taking over the world no it's not (well not yet).

14 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Sometimes I wonder if Gitesh has been in the game too long. :lol:

Omg haha.  It gets worse:

"There is no question this is an extraordinary achievement," the studio's domestic distribution chief Jeff Goldstein said today. "Clearly, audiences have embraced it and we are already seeing repeat business. It's just fun. Often, there's a disconnect between critics and audiences. It doesn’t take itself seriously. It’s just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies." 

"When you swing for the bleachers and connect, it’s a tremendous feeling. This felt like we were launching several films, so to come through like this makes all of us very proud." 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/warner-bros-respond-to-batman-v-supermans-success-theres-a-a132701

DC FANBOYS are going havoc against this  on CBM.

I'm sure that the disconnect between the critics and the general audience is the reason why this thing has the same Cinemascore than Catwoman and Green Lantern, Goldstein.  :sadben:

3 hours ago, AndyLL said:

IJack... you are not 100% wrong but there is no double standard and you are a little be hypocritical.

Yes... there are DC fans that are quick to blame everyone but the movie itself for not living up to their expectations.

However... there are plenty of non-DC fans that have been happy to point out over and over and over the issues with this movie and how it's been received.

That's trolling also.

This is the BvS main thread.

I think at this point the fans of the movie and DCMU have a right to talk about the movie's positives without hearing hourly about it's negatives.

We got the numbers thread to talk about BvS's BO.

We got the spoiler/review threads to talk about both the positive and negative issues of the movie.

We got the BvS vs CW and the Marvel vs DC threads to argue to our hearts delight the pros/cons of marvel and dc movies.

Lets get the talk happening in the right threads and this forum will be a much happier place.

Wait what

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Drew McWeeny and Faraci and after everyone gave McWeeny shit about his WOM on BvsS, I'd actually trust the guy who says the WOM on CIVIL WAR is fantastic..

I hope WOM is fantastic but that doesnt change the fact that the movie is over a month away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Metreon IMAX is closed currently right? That sucks.

Yeah still under renovation.  AMC Twitter feed had something about trying to get it done for BvS but I guess they didn't make it.

As for the movie.  I liked it.  I can see the criticism but eh..whatever.  I don't think I'll watch it again in theaters but I'll buy the blu-ray.  Unlike MoS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

If you look at Disney's big four (Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Disney Animation) you can plan movies 10 years ahead.

You can't do that for Universal's big three (Furious, Jurassic, Despicable Me).

How do you keep Universal's big three fresh sequel after sequel after sequel. That will be the challenge.

Their theme parks mostly consist of franchises that they've licensed from other studios anyway so there is no need for them to start challenging Disney. They and WB split the profits over everything in the Harry Potter sections of the parks, and that deal between is likely to get even sweeter with Fantastic Beasts merchandise that will surely be added in the stores later this year.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

DC FANBOYS are going havoc against this  on CBM.

I'm with them, but it means fuck all if this film still makes a billion dollars.

That said, surely someone high up at WB won't allow yet another dour, incoherent SH movie to slip through the cracks. It's just limiting potential business at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

I'm with them, but it means fuck all if this film still makes a billion dollars.

That said, surely someone high up at WB won't allow yet another dour, incoherent SH movie to slip through the cracks. It's just limiting potential business at this point.

Agree, but for that don't happen they don't have another option but get rid of the source of all this problems. Just go to the spoiler thread and see what Nolan opposed for BvS but the Hack went for it anyway after probably sucking Nolan's soul out of his skull with his mannerisms.

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't think any studio is gonna be able to compete with Disney in terms of IPOs and franchises. Let's not forget that Disney is a full-on brand (one that produces family-friendly product primarily now that they seem to have shuttered Touchstone), while the rest are just studios that produce movies (yeah, Universal is in the theme park business too but they're still mainly a movie studio that puts all different kinds of stuff).

I think WB with its DC properties will definitely compete. MOS made more than most Marvel movies and now BVS broke the record for worldwide opening weekend. The DCEU is starting out really good.