CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

ERROR ALERT - Early derby results for the top 20.  There was 52 players this week.  Some that have played once showed up.  3 new players joined.  M37, tong Kosong, and Olive.  Welcome!  The average results for 52 players is 78.628%  Unlike myself, most players got decent scores for Allegiant anticipating its huge drop.  This is something most major websites did not detect so congrats.  Of course where it hurt most was the last 2.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot did the worst by far...  Some people did there homework and saw the theater drop and it is noticeable with this data.  Zootopia, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, and Perfect Match will play the biggest role tomorrow with shifting around numbers.  However, we do have a clear winner that will most likely hold up.  Congratulations Simionski!!!

Here is the top twenty.  (out of 52)

1. Simionski - 93.256

2. Rolling Thunder - 90.292

3. Johnny - 87.572

4. Bates - 87.568

5. Andy LL - 87.394

6. 8wombi7 - 87.130

7. WildBill - 86.858

8. nelmsey - 86.816

9. TalismanRing - 86.755

10. CJohn - 86.697

11. Tower - 86.261

12. darkelf - 85.335

13. moviecriticguy - 85.169

14. JMorphin - 85.080

15. Olive - 84.863

16. No Prisoners - 84.568

17. Matrix4You - 83.888

18. Ash Skywalker - 83.610

19. PanaMovie - 83.003

20. Blankie Cochran - 82.494

• Like 1

I think they should be pretty darn happy about this $170M opening for BvS, it's very very good, regardless of budget. It is not out of range of what I expected. I think after Deadpool hit $132M or whatever it was, that certainly made it seem like... could BVS just make 10% more than that? It has to do a bit better than 10% above, right? And it did. But still I am happy as I've waited 6 months to say "I told you so" to the overly enthusiastic DC fan boys saying this was somehow going to top $200M or even top TFA's OW, which... is crazy. This movie was anticipated, clearly, yes, but not to that extent. 

Now to see how hard it falls. My guess based on those putrid reviews and mixed (is mixed fair to say? My Facebook has 2 friends who loved it and said "screw the critics," a few more who said it was meh, and a few who said they hated it) word of mouth is probably a pretty harsh fall. Also, traditionally, Avengers aside, comic book movies fall pretty hard on their second weekends, even the good ones. I would say a 60% decline is quite likely, or maybe somewhere around $70M for the second weekend. It should still be able to hit $400M pretty easily I would imagine. I would say $450M would be a huge win for the film based on its reviews and WOM, though. Also any way you cut it, as far as the budget goes, I still think $400-450M is a good solid hit for them. Sure, if it were actually a really well received movie and hit $550M, that would be even better, but nothing to scoff at...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

No move that opened at this level missed a billion it just doesn't happen it out opened tdkr in every territory it was the best Warner movie in every territory you are sailing the worst legs imaginable in every territory domestic won't be 370 when 380 is the absolute floor potter legs aka the worst legs of any major movie.

Fifty Shades of Grey had worse legs.

Well, RTH did not pay a visit to us. We're gonna have to wait until the afternoon for actuals. WB tend to delay releasing their avtuals on big blockbusters from year's past.

Oh well.

I'll be back in 9-10 hours.

52 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

My name is nowhere to be found. lol

Neither is mine.

Our head to head battle in the derby tournament will be close.

Detergent and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot screwed me over big time.

Edited by jj99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

I don't give a shit about them. I think they shouldn't have post that. And Momoa is awful. The other dude I have never seen him in my life. Probably bad as well.

So since you never heard of him he sucks?

1 hour ago, jj99 said:

Neither is mine.

Our head to head battle in the derby tournament will be close.

Detergent and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot screwed me over big time.

You got him by 1%

Ive got you next week 

tumblr_inline_mgw6toP7lZ1rd40tu.png

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Is it me or are DC fans (or just fans of this movie) much more hostile than most fandoms

You would be pissed too if you were a fan of those characters. 

I mean, they got SR, GL, MOS, BvS in a span of 10 years. :lol: (EDIT: and Catwoman lol)

It must suck to be one of them.

Edited by Goffe

4 minutes ago, Goffe said:

You would be pissed too if you were of these characters. 

I mean, they got SR, GL, MOS, BvS in a span of 10 years. :lol: (EDIT: and Catwoman lol)

It must suck to be one of them.

And Jonah Hex....:hellothere:

3 hours ago, iluvjuanki said:

Lol call me crazy but I'm totally satisfied with the portrayal of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in BvS. I particularly hated the portrayal of Batman in TDKR and I still can't believe this film got the critical reception it got.

And even though I was disappointed several times, I have to say that I find myself really lucky compared to the fans of  Star Wars or Marvel who (except for TGoG and Deadpool) have to settle for mediocrity films after films. But it's ok right? As long as RTmeter is green!

I mean it's not like it was you and not the critics who is watching those films right, right?

Poetry.

Fear not though. Star Wars is in the best of hands. They will make it better than ever IMO. Starting December 2016.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

And it's a shame that it's caused so much bitterness, because it's not just this, but the divisive reception to Man of Steel and the failure of Green Lantern (which was originally supposed to kick off the DCCU) before it that have made them look like the "losing team." They should actually want the best versions of the characters, not merely settle for what they get.

http://m.wikihow.com/Deal-With-a-Condescending-Friend

6 hours ago, Blankie Cochran said:

Isn't Momoa in some auteur movie this year? Or something biggish. And yeah, I guess I feel a little bad for the Cyborg guy but eh

Don't feel bad for Cyborg. He's fine as FUCK.