CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And isn't that the movie that lead WB and Nolan to think he was right for Superman? If so then lol.

Although I guess I can understand what would draw Nolan to that movie though. Sucker Punch is basically what would happen if a horny college guy watched Inception while drunk or stoned and proceeded to make a movie inspired by it while still under the influence.

Ha ha, I actually think Nolan was probably more impressed by Snyder's visual style, because say what you will about the guy, he does usually have a good eye for visuals and imagery.

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

UPDATE, 12:53 p.m. PDT – Warner Bros.’ “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has hit an impressive $65.2 million at 19,700 screens in 39 territories in its first launches in international markets.

Great. I'll be off to my second screening now and to contribute to the international ow gross. Have to make sure that my hate towards this abomination of a shm is well deserved. Or... perhaps I too have fallen for the Affleck/Cavill one-two-lightsout combo? :wub:

Or *gasp* maybe I simply liked it well enough for a second pounding? Questions, questions everywhere. Toodles.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Allegiant is being expected to drop by nearly 2/3 lol. Will it even make half of Insurgent at this point?

Won't surprise me if it doesn't. Lionsgate knew what was gonna happen if they stayed in that release date.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Still, it will exceed those projections by a respectable mile, so... critics failed at their attempt to hurt the movie anyway.

"Critics failed at their attempt to hurt the movie." Yes because all 160 critics who have given it a rotten score teamed up and decided that they wanted to make sure BvS opened under Deadpool's numbers. They wanted to make it clear that they held the power for which movies make money at the box office and which ones don't. Get real. The movie has been tracking at $140M+ since the first week of February. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nova said:

"Critics failed at their attempt to hurt the movie." Yes because all 160 critics who have given it a rotten score teamed up and decided that they wanted to make sure BvS opened under Deadpool's numbers. They wanted to make it clear that they held the power for which movies make money at the box office and which ones don't.

And they failed horribly.

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Crazy to think the industry was projecting an OW of $110M and now it could open north of $180M despite the critics agenda to hurt the movie.

Critics agenda to hurt the movie....

:redcapes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

And they failed horribly.

Depends. If this opens up at $160M it's a great number for sure but if I'm DC I'm just like well shit two of my most popular heroes can't even break Iron Man 3 numbers. And are Batman and Superman really only $28M more popular than Deadpool? So in the end they may have won. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Depends. If this opens up at $160M it's a great number for sure but if I'm DC I'm just like well shit two of my most popular heroes can't even break Iron Man 3 numbers. And are Batman and Superman really only $28M more popular than Deadpool? So in the end they may have won. 

DC will make way more money with BVS than what critics received to trash it, so no.

5 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well that's the Quietest 27M Opener for Previews I've ever witnessed at my local theatre for selling out only 2 shows the entire day yesterday and today isn't exactly off to a good start either for IMAX.. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying into it that this Preview was that high.. I wish you could be where I'm at right now and you'd understand where I'm coming from...

The strawberries...

Humphrey-Bogart-Captain-Queeg-The-Caine-

• Like 1

@CJohn I honestly think that after Insurgent dropped like it did not even taking into account the 3D factor that Lionsgate just gave up on Allegiant. The summer was already too crowded and they didn't want to displace NYSM2. Which is partly why I think they jumped ahead and put Ascendent in the summer next year, they knew they were screwed. My only question is why they didn't go with 3D this time to "soften" the blow - it might only be another 10m total on the gross but its still 10m.