CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

OH MY FUCKING JESUS BVS HAS BEATEN THE OW OF MOS HERE IN ONE DAY (Thursday, OD)!!!!

Can't say I'm surprised. Do you think it might be able to break the record for highest grossing superhero film in Portugal?

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Too early right now I think. 80 is probably the floor if RTH reported that already. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes over the 85 high end of his range. I was very surprised at how crowded the theater was this afternoon. I think that's a good sign for all movies including BvS.

Yeah, the theater here is packed as well, lines going around the corner and parking lots completely full. Haven't seen anything like it since TFA

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Just realized that there are "Share this thread" widgets below the comment box, and 2 of them are "Share on Google+" and "Share on Digg". Who uses those sites? :P 

What the hell is digg? :lol:

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

BTW, my theater is a freaking zoo today. They had 45 showtimes for BvS, and with more being added they are up to 28 showtimes still to go. 3 IMAX showings to go, 3 RPX and 4 21+ lounge showtimes (each with 21$+ tickets, and IMAX has 800 seats) and all are sold out. All the other reserved seating showings are 90% or more full.

Theaters around me were insanity. BvS, KPF3 and Zootopia (on his 5th weekend, lmao) are absolutely dominating Easter. 

The numbers here are absolutely stunning. It will destroy every Avengers movie and even surpass Deadpool which was the biggest superhero OW here since Spider-Man 3. Man of Steel is gonna go down by tomorrow. Spider-Man 3 might go down which is absolutely insane with the OW this is going to have. I have a group of 12 friends which is gonna see it tomorrow. Might be an historical run here. Next week is still Easter vacations which means big weekdays and a strong 2nd weekend hold. I am stunned. Can't wait for Monday to see the real number. But beating MoS OW in one day is insane. I am shocked beyond belief. 

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

So if its around 80ish, sounds like it'll land 160-170m OW. Unless weekend legs are way better.

Darn. Lost the derby. Put in like $215 million OW.

• Like 3

Deadline reported earlier than its matinees were pacing behind Age of Ultron. I wonder if it is now starting to match it, or those matinees sales were accounting for evening presales as well, which as we know from the early estimates for Ultron, were huge for that film.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Can't say I'm surprised. Do you think it might be able to break the record for highest grossing superhero film in Portugal?

I will tell you more Monday. I just don't know. I didn't see this giant OD coming. Not even close. And with a week left of Easter holidays the sky is the limit but let me see how things are looking Monday with the full weekend number. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm off as well, I put in 179.3m, decently close at least

EDIT: I just checked my derby, I put 0 instead of 9 without realizing it, so its 170.3 oh lol.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

18 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm actually ashamed you saying that. And I don't think it's fair either. I'm just posting here just like I did with TFA and Deadpool, I'm not attacking anyone and I don't post here more than the regulars. With that said, if people will keep attacking me gratuitously, I'll just shut up. I apologise to you and any other that have seen harm on my posts, but I'm not the enemy here. The one to blame is Zack Snyder, not me. 

Have fun, folks.

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You are completely wrong. I have not been repeating myself like he's been doing. And if the movie does well for the weekend I won't start doing that. When preview numbers came in, I didn't start fighting with members who were making lower predictions. I just celebrated and shut up about it. The only thing I said was the movie is playing better than projections, I don't understand why this is such a big deal and why I'm being compared to iJack losing his mind in the thread.

:ohmyzod:

You really are two sides of the same coin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I will tell you more Monday. I just don't know. I didn't see this giant OD coming. Not even close. And with a week left of Easter holidays the sky is the limit but let me see how things are looking Monday with the full weekend number. 

Ah. Based off that number, I'd say things are looking good as far as box office, at least.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Where does that stand against other superhero movies in Portugal?

It has wrecked everything in the last 9 years. If it beats Deadpool OW it will be the biggest superhero OW since Spider-Man 3. 

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Yeah, the theater here is packed as well, lines going around the corner and parking lots completely full. Haven't seen anything like it since TFA

I wonder ho much the reviews hurt it. They should of pulled a TFA.

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I'm off as well, I put in 179.3m, decently close at least

EDIT: I just checked my derby, I put 0 instead of 9 without realizing it, so its 170.3 oh lol.

Derby-6.jpg

• Like 5