CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

You know how it can get great WOM? Because people who pay to see it love it.  Pretty simple. 

Seems to me that most of the time the WOM is really not that much different then the Critical consensus.

And the early WOM seems to be bitterly divided.

And a lot of the things the critics are complaining about...muddled and confusing plot,one dimensional uninteresting characters,are exactly what the GA does not like.

Methinks you have become really emotionally invested in this film, and are in denial that it might not have turned out very good.

Are you seriously new at this?  

Reviews will not effect a massive fan boy driven film like this.  

Man oh man, WTF has happened to this place in the last month?  I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

This plays to an older  and more mature audience then TF so in the long run it does. 

Meaning yes the base gross will happen no matter what, but the higher level grosses wont happen as WOM wont be the best. 

Yep, I'm out of here.  Can't take this.

A guaranteed 65% drop second weekend because of critics?  

ROTFLMFAO

Objectivity has been on a slow leave for weeks now. The reviews just pushed the Ludicrous Speed button for people that were already circling it. 

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Are you seriously new at this?  

Reviews will not effect a massive fan boy driven film like this.  

Man oh man, WTF has happened to this place in the last month?  I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

No, I'm not but you're denying that a lot of people were on the fence about this movie. I've met quite a few in real life. They were waiting for the reviews to decide if they were going to see it. 

It might not be a huge impact, but they will effect it in some capacity. You also aren't seeing the comments on Youtube with people saying they are going to wait now under these big reviewers.

It wasn't just fanboys who were going to rush out and see it. This was on nearly every major "Most Anticipated Films Of 2016" list. Those people will still see it. The people on the fence though that haven't been so enthusiastic about the marketing, they might wait unless WOM ends up being really good.

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yep, I'm out of here.  Can't take this.

A guaranteed 65% drop second weekend because of critics?  

ROTFLMFAO

You can come stay at our bomb shelter, B. There's room for everyone!

It looks similar to this:

21-altogether-prices-for-these-shelters-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This can make 0 dollars for all I care and I can die now. My dream has come true. I don't have anything else to do on this Earth. 

This weekend has...

Huge Fanboy movie that has diehard fans vs harsh negativity wanting the film to fail.

Add in a polarized reaction and likely decent box office...

Its going to make Man of Steel seem like a walk in the park... 

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Sorry to be that guy but

Sooooooo what'd I miss?

Pretty much, batman vs superman is opening this weekend and some people think it will do one number and some people think it will do another number.

I think that covers it

• Like 3

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

This weekend has...

Huge Fanboy movie that has diehard fans vs harsh negativity wanting the film to fail.

Add in a polarized reaction and likely decent box office...

Its going to make Man of Steel seem like a walk in the park... 

It also has what's likely gonna be a record sequel drop (My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2).

2 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Speaking of drops, does anyone want to talk about BO's predicted drop for Allegiant? At 10.8, that's about a 60% drop.

IDK but I hope the hold surprises people. I'll be fishing out my $5 #thereforelgort #thereforteller

6 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Speaking of drops, does anyone want to talk about BO's predicted drop for Allegiant? At 10.8, that's about a 60% drop.

What was Insurgent's drop? Take it and add 5%. Despite Allegiant being like 50% better.