WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

5 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I would hate to be someone for this movie, see the thread title think *phew* well at least that's okay....and then open the thread. Oh boy everyone thought there would be meltdowns for TFA. It looks like they are going to come a few months late.

And first I'm hearing that this dropped 85% in China?! Wow.

The thread title is a late April fools joke. 

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

1 minute ago, Emirazza said:

Why does title say 18.5M?

Those were early estimates, the thread was never updated. I think they are waiting for as long as possible because once a $15M is added all hell might break loose.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Civil War will do 1.2B, X-men could do over 900m, SS will make over 500m, Doctor Strange over 600m, Deadpool will do over 750m, and BvS will do 900m and somehow the trend lines look weak? Man your crazy.

giphy-6.gif

7 minutes ago, SWXII said:

There will be great successes on the way down the slope, as there were great failures on the way up. But again, the trends don't look good.

There is no long term market for cbm' s that are too rigid to the source material. And the more the studios try to please the comic book puritans, the further they will alienate the mainstream audience.

Classic catch-22.

Deadpool says hi.

That BVS drop is terrible considering the lack of competition. So much for the 30% repeat business thing lol.

And that ZOOTOPIA number is amazing. No doubt, it's the first choice for families. This and DEADPOOL are the box stories of the year so far. Looking forward to THE JUNGLE BOOK's performance.

• Like 1