WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

You keep saying this and I don't think you understand what a nonsensical suggestion it is

Snyder is ill. Have you seen his latest pics?

Sure, WB might keep him for JL. But hey, if they'll keep a ill director that lost more than 20 pounds, at least be sure that he won't disappear while filming his next movie.

That's why I advice bringing a co-director. Remember that John Wick, Captain America Winter Soldier and Civil War all had a duo as directors. 

Just now, druv10 said:

It was locked for half hr, mostly for same shit that's been going on. I really feel for the mods, having to deal with this nonsense.

If the forum behaved itself then the mods and admins would be out of a job, are you rooting for that? :P

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The DGA does not allow more than one director to be employed on a project. You can make a rare exception if it's a "bona fide team" (i.e., the Hughes brothers, the Wachowskis, the Coens), but since Snyder is well established as a director by himself, that's not gonna happen here.

Then how the hell The Russo brothers are directing Civil War?

Just now, grey ghost said:

Nolan and Cameron are the only one's who can open a movie to 50+ m just by publicizing they're the ones directing.

Bay? Nope

Tarantino? Nope

JJ? Nope.

Not even Spielberg has that pull anymore.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=interstellar.htm

Can Nolan? Can he?

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Then how the hell The Russo brothers are directing Civil War?

He literally explained it in that post. The one you quoted

• Like 6

I really hope this weekend makes the people that have been arguing about WOM all week (and this goes for both sides) realize this: divisive WOM can lead to huge drops, especially when you're coming off a massive OW. It obviously doesn't have completely toxic WOM. If it did it'd be falling 90% this weekend. There was enough positivity to convince ~$48M worth of people to see BvS in its second weekend, and only 38 films in history have done better. Clearly, there are people liking this, but the majority either don't or just don't care anymore. Apathy count among WOM and I suspect it's a factor many ignore, only focusing on the love-it-or-hate-it reactions.

It's been somewhat amusing but also a little frustrating seeing so many jump through hoops ("Look at this wall of facebook posts that love this movie!", "The twitter index is ridiculously negative", "CinemaScore is the devil") to justify why WOM is better or worse than mixed, better or worse than some other widely trashed comic book film, when it's wholly unnecessary. I don't really know if WOM is quantifiably worse than say, Green Lantern or Watchmen, but when a film is opening three times as big, with a holiday Friday, and enormous previews, it can fall harder even if audiences like it a bit better than those examples.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It was briefly locked and someone was banned for the weekend.

I'm sorry but I really hope this doesn't happen with every big release. It's sooooooooooooooooo annoying.

• Like 1

Look I loved this movie but seriously this is a project that should of been guaranteed to hit a billion WW I'm sorry but that's reality. You don't bring the 2 most iconic comic book characters together and miss that mark. Snyder needs to go or they need to bring someone else in to oversee JL. The DCEU will be doomed if JL is received to mix/bad reception. I cannot fathom how WB can be happy with how this film is performing. 

With 19.2m os Friday, what's the os weekend looking at...65m?

Last weekend it was 210m (+44m on Wed and Thu for 254m 5-day).

65m would be -69%; similar to dom drop.

50m dom weekend would take it to 259m dom.

65m os weekend would take it to 409m os.

So ww cume after the 2nd weekend will be roughly 670m (259m + 409m).

After this weekend it could add 80-90m dom and 120-130m os.

So 200-220m more to it's 670m cume for 870-890m ww. Defn has a shot at 900m but below is likely.

2 minutes ago, theStun said:

Look I loved this movie but seriously this is a project that should of been guaranteed to hit a billion WW I'm sorry but that's reality. You don't bring the 2 most iconic comic book characters together and miss that mark. Snyder needs to go or they need to bring someone else in to oversee JL. The DCEU will be doomed if JL is received to mix/bad reception. I cannot fathom how WB can be happy with how this film is performing. 

JL I script is all Terrio I believe. No Goyer.

2 minutes ago, theStun said:

I do think WB will be very concerned since Monday about the drops from overseas and domestically. Not sure what they're going to do about it, though.