WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Do you think they got out of TDK or MoS happy? C'mon, all 5 movies are not for kids. This is not the problem. The problem is that people don't like MoS and BvS. It is as simple as that.

TDK had the best ending in SH movie. I still get goosebumps with the speech by Gordon. It's very uplifting unlike BvS ending.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

The majority of people didn't leave BvS happy though. I hope we can at least agree on that.

We can.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Correct me of I'm wrong but isn't The Winter Soldier the only Marvel sequel to have over a 2.5x multi? 

It is the only one that was very well received by the GA, too. Iron Man 3 (which I love) and Ultron weren't very well received. Won't even mention The Dark World lmao :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, druv10 said:

TDK had the best ending in SH movie. I still get goosebumps with the speech by Gordon. It's very uplifting unlike BvS ending.

ALL HAIL NOLAN

• Like 2

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, CJohn said:

So the satellite scene with the military and the getting the job at the newspaper scene, right?

I am starting to agree with Futurist here :kitschjob: BvS is too dark. MoS has a lot of "light" in it. The promise of a better future. The final scenes. Even in the movie itself. When he becomes Superman it is pretty cool. People want to cheer for the dude. 

You know what BvS needed? 

Robin.

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

I saw the :sadben:clip in the first 50k views, insane it's up to 20m in a week.

I posted it when it was at 1,000! I was like man, I hope this goes viral, it will be the one extremely good thing to come out of this movie.

Not even a day later, it's the top video on Youtube. I've said it a lot and I'll say it again, the whole thing is genius.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Also, the Internet complained about Whedon spending HALF OF THE THING having the heroes saving the civilians lol. 

Which is hyperbole.  I just watched it again for the first time since it came out and it's no where near that bad. 

1 minute ago, Rallax said:

Which is hyperbole.  I just watched it again for the first time since it came out and it's no where near that bad. 

It is pretty bad. Admittedly, I don't watch since I got the Bluray. 

Edit: It is pretty bad in the OMG LETS SAVE ALL CIVILIANS THING. I think it is a overall good movie, tho. 

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Also, the Internet complained about Whedon spending HALF OF THE THING having the heroes saving the civilians lol. 

Hmmm - I spend a lot of time on the internet and spent a lot of time talking about AOU and i've literally never heard anyone complain about that. I's have to imagine it was partly spurred by backlash from MOS-supporters.

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Internet is nonsense. WB and Marvel should have never cared about the complains in MoS. Instead they created an even bigger monster. 

Yes and no. I dont think people are very good at articulating why something isn't working for them (otherwise making good films would probably be a lot easier) but they definitely know when it happens. I think lots of destruction per se wasn't necessarily a bad thing but it was tied to the general desire to make Superman a more morally ambiguous character and the fact that it was done in such a hamfisted, non-organic way. IMO at least.

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lol no. 

The movie already sets up way too much stuff. 

He could just be there,  cracking jokes. Leave it to the solo Batman movie to explain his presence.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Ultron did what you wanted BvS to do and it was absurd, created pacing problems and really stupid boring moments. Honestly, MoS created a really stupid dumb discussion on the Internet. 

The civilian saving in Ultron didn't work as well as it could've because they didn't balance it as well with other elements of the fight (like fighting Ultron). There's not anything wrong with showing civilians being saved. Indeed, Cap did it plenty in the first Avengers and nobody complained about it then. (Also, I'm fairly certain you're over-exaggerating how much it's complained about, in AOU, online. I only ever hear complaints on this forum) 

And the problem with the destruction in MoS wasn't that civilians died or that Supes didn't spend every moment saving civilians or whatever the popular narrative. It's that the movie never showed that any of the characters care about those civilians. The climax to that movie was like 9/11 x 100, with thousands, if not millions dead. Yet we never get so much as even a shot of Clark looking sad at all the devastation. He never seems to recognise the mass death and destruction around him or, if he does, doesn't seem bothered about it. Unlike the Avengers, he never goes out of his way to help people or limit damage, before or after the fight starts. He takes the time to snog his girlfriend while buildings (probably with people still in them) are crumbling behind him. And that emotional disconnect is what caused a lot of people to get angry at Superman and the movie. The lack of an emotional reaction to that situation inadvertently makes it seem like Clark doesn't care. Which is almost as bad as having him openly laugh at it or do something negative. Certainly, the criticism has been oversimplified over time into just 'Too much destruction' and 'Lots of people died', which aren't really accurate. But the fact that the characters are never really shown to care is the real problem. And while having the fights take place in abandoned areas in BvS manages to cover that flaw and hide it, it doesn't really do anything to fix it. The heroes in that movie are still never shown to care about the destruction in their path or that anyone might be caught in the crossfire. It's just 'justified' with the coincidence that no-one happens to be nearby.

But, to be honest, I agree this particular thing has been over-argued. There are plenty of other gaping problems with MoS that deserve more attention.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Stole this from the Jungle Book's imdb board. Smash hit incoming! And Scarlett Johansson has yet to do a bad movie this decade. 

Germain Lussier ‏of Gizmodo: 
https://twitter.com/GermainLussier/status/716140078880268288

The Jungle Book is not only a great, beautiful movie, it's the first live action Disney remake that puts the original film to absolute shame

Slashfilm Editor Peter Sciretta 
https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/716127000394539008

Jungle Book is better than the Disney animated classic, a dark dangerous fun adventure. Every frame is like a painting, a huge achievement.

BirthMoviesDeath 
https://twitter.com/devincf

I spent about half of THE JUNGLE BOOK stunner that they shot the whole thing in Downtown LA. The other half I was just lost in the world. I think JUNGLE BOOK is the first movie since AVATAR that 100% must be experienced on a big screen in 3D.

Uproxx's Mike Ryan 
https://twitter.com/mikeryan/status/716129035391262720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Didn't know we could tweet about THE JUNGLE BOOK. I'm shocked how much I liked it. Idris Elba's Shere Khan: best villain of the year.

...shit.

I hope we can all agree that Drew McWeeny from HitFlix was right. He took so much hatred over what he said when he made that statement.

I saw someone yesterday try to say he wasn't here which blows my mind. I don't know how you can say he is un credible now.

• Like 5