K1stpierre

Weekend actuals BVS 51.34M, Zootopia 19.33M, MBFGW 11.22M, MFH 7.26M, GND2 7.62M

Hmm, interesting:

David Mumpower is perhaps the most pessimistic of the pundits who weighed in, with the Box Office Prophets founder telling me plainly, "I'm surprised by how quickly it's dying. The weekday numbers were all alarming, and what's happened over the weekend indicates that it's already a dead film." Mumpower went on to note that he expects six-week-old Zootopia to actually best Dawn of Justice by next weekend.

I've been consistently low-balling the grosses thus far, and even I have next weekend at $23.6 million. Mumpower is implying that it would make something on the order of less than $15 million.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It was posted in threads last week, but this Deadline article is still the best in terms of projecting profitability for BVS. You can adjust the numbers down slightly if you want to, but you'll still have a sense of what WB will take home after all's said and done.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

So if suicide squad makes a profit of 100m, then wonder woman is paid for and revenue is essentially pure profit to pay for justice League/aqua man/batman/flash

So as long as bvs inspired people to want to see those films then things went ok

Yup. The critics hurt the box office excuse again..

The fact that the quality of the movie prompted this is being ignored by some.

Critics,

1. Did not make an awful movie

2. Did not make superman a doofus

3. Not responsible for Eisenberg's cringeworthy acting

4. Not responsible for boring action scenes

5. Did not edit the movie

6. Did not score the movie

7. Did not create the boring story

8. Did not create pathetic Doomsday

9. Did not create the 'WTF" dreams

10. Not responsible for the juvenile Mar...

If anything the critics may have helped the movie's prospects by lowering the expectations. But BvS managed to go under those ultra low expectations for the paying audiences. 

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Critic smack down cost BvS at least $100  million for this movie 

I think this is accurate. Might even be more. I do not think the critics will be so knee-jerk next time. Just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I think this is accurate. Might even be more. I do not think the critics will be so knee-jerk next time. Just my opinion.

Do you really think it's impossible that someone could give this movie a perfectly fair chance and still think it's a bad movie? Must any negative evaluation be a knee-jerk reaction?

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Hmm, interesting:

I've been consistently low-balling the grosses thus far, and even I have next weekend at $23.6 million. Mumpower is implying that it would make something on the order of less than $15 million.

Yeah I don't see it happening that far. I could see Zootopia getting very close or beating BvS by The Jungle Book's release though. Not sure by how much you're lowballing BvS third weekend, but it'll be around that number. Need to see the weekday drops to get a better idea, but +- that seems reasonable.  

There's a gap between F7's 2nd weekend and BvS of 13.85%. If the gap keeps going, that's around $25m weekend. I expect to keep getting harder and go for something around low end of $20m-$25m right now.

2 hours ago, hasanahmad said:

Critic smack down cost BvS at least $100  million for this movie 

The movie being bad and not liked by the audience cost it money.  Not the critics.  If this hadn't opened huge you might have an argument but it opened to $166 mil and then dropped like a rock and also dropped huge in just about every market.  That isn't critic driven but audience driven.  Audiences don't like the movie.  Plain and simple. 

• Like 5

Derp...it didn't do 51.8m like Gitesh said.

Monday drops off 14m Sunday,

72% 3.92

73% 3.78

74% 3.64 [Clash of the Titans fell 73.9%]

75% 3.50

76% 3.36 [F7 fell 76.2%]

77% 3.22

78% 3.08 [GI Joe 2 fell 77.8%]

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

I'd be pretty surprised if we continue to get daily numbers from him since the weekday numbers will be pretty low from here on out. 

Yeah he needs to recharge for Jungle Book, BvS run gonna be pretty boring from here

Let's not get carried away by the negativity.

BvS will turn in a profit when it's all said and done.

All this talk about less than 2x multiplier makes no sense unless the movie is suddenly pulled from theatres.

40 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

I'd be pretty surprised if we continue to get daily numbers from him since the weekday numbers will be pretty low from here on out. 

If you ask nicely he will. Not like he hasn't given us low numbers before. He'll talk shit though. Probably say he can't be bothered or something like that. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Let's not get carried away by the negativity.

BvS will turn in a profit when it's all said and done.

All this talk about less than 2x multiplier makes no sense unless the movie is suddenly pulled from theatres.

A 60% drop this or next weekend and it will be very close to 2x

52 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Derp...it didn't do 51.8m like Gitesh said.

Monday drops off 14m Sunday,

72% 3.92

73% 3.78

74% 3.64 [Clash of the Titans fell 73.9%]

75% 3.50

76% 3.36 [F7 fell 76.2%]

77% 3.22

78% 3.08 [GI Joe 2 fell 77.8%]

Gotto go with 78