kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

2 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/the-weekend-box-office-batman-v-superman-melissa-mccarthy-1201734178/

batman              6 /20-21.8

fatwoman          7.7 /21.5

bunnygirl            /

spazman            /

With a 7.7 Friday its only gonna make 21.5? BS!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Deadline's too much.  It takes a several paragraphs long crap all over Melissa McCarthy's film choices and derides The Boss's stinky cinema score and RT and then gives us this fucking PR spin gem for BvS (the latest in a long line of them) where WB can RELISH that they might cling to the #1 spot for the 3rd weekend after another huge plummet

In regards to everything else, keep in mind, spring breaks are in a slowdown mode now with 15% of all schools off per ComScore, down from 30% last Friday. By Monday only 4% will be on break. Nonetheless, Warner Bros. can relish the fact that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is holding for a third week in a row at No. 1. As we saw from matinees, BvS is coming in slightly lower than industry projections with a $6M Friday on its way to a -58% to -61% weekend of $20M-$21.8M and running cume by Sunday of $295.1M

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Emirazza said:

It's like they're being stupid on purpose at this point.  They can't be this bad at ims after all this time.

Edit: though I guess some (R rated) ow comedies do stay flat/drop on Sat is their thinking?

Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadline's too much.  It takes a several paragraphs long crap all over Melissa McCarthy's film choices and derides The Boss's stinky cinema score and RT and then gives us this fucking PR spin gem for BvS (the latest in a long line of them) where WB can RELISH that they might cling to the #1 spot for the 3rd weekend after another huge plummet

Yeah. Deadline in sad. THE BOSS is going to relish this weekend more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

I thought BvS would hold a bit better this week but that's another awful drop. After this weekend its 17-day gross is the same as Fast 7. Looking like it will finish under 340m

Once competition arrives, any BvS late legs will be abysmal.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Emirazza said:

7 minutes ago, FTF said:

It's like they're being stupid on purpose at this point.  They can't be this bad at ims after all this time.

What are you guys thinking, something more in the 20-21 range? Maybe even 19.5?

I think 21.5 might be possible.

2 minutes ago, kitik said:

What are you guys thinking, something more in the 20-21 range? Maybe even 19.5?

I think 21.5 might be possible.

I forgot it was rated R.

11 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Dem Godzilla legs.

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It wishes.

Ouch.

At this point looks like 340 is the absolute high end, with something in the low-mid 330's much more likely.

Turns out that the BvS under Deadpool club wouldn't have been so interesting after all. That was confirmed a week ago.

just a 120% bump. that's worse than ff7 2nd weekend after eater. 128%, 3rd weekend 180%

worse that IM3 and AOU in mays 3rd weekens and

worse than cap2 weekends around the same time other than easter

numbers are deteriorating daily. im expecting less than the usual 3.5x=21. 20m looking likely. loses to Boss and down 61%

next weeknd will be down 66-70%

I'm rooting for sub 20m because I'm a bad guy.

23 minutes ago, kitik said:

You want some ugly numbers? I just spent 40 minutes outside shoveling the driveway. There were 4-5 inches out there!

What the hell, April!

Haha, I lived in Reno for 2 years awhile back.  Snow fucking sucks unless you're on the slopes.  I don't miss shoveling my car/driveway out of 2-4 feet of snow nor drifting on black ice on my way to work/school.

6 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

just a 120% bump. that's worse than ff7 2nd weekend after eater. 128%, 3rd weekend 180%

worse that IM3 and AOU in mays 3rd weekens and

worse than cap2 weekends around the same time other than easter

numbers are deteriorating daily. im expecting less than the usual 3.5x=21. 20m looking likely. loses to Boss and down 61%

next weeknd will be down 66-70%

How bad would a SH film's three successive 60+ w/e drops be?  Even FF4, Wolverine: Origins, Hulk, Catwoman, Green Lantern (saved by the 4th of July) and Watchmen (squeaked by with a one 59.8%) didn't manage that.  But hey Elektra did so it's not alone.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2