kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

Finally caught up on the last 15+ pages...... y'all know how to beat a dead horse....

As for Today's numbers - BvS being beat by The Boss with a less than 8m 3rd(!) Friday is terrible.... no other way to explain it.

Decent for Boss but knowing the potential that Melissa's films have when they are good it's a bit disheartening.

Don't know what to say about Zoo and the rest of the Friday increases very odd weekend....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blank Panther said:

Can someone tell me how Blade or Steel count for the modern era? Or how Hancock counts as a comic book adaptation?

I know I only said first African American superhero, but I thought the implication was rather obvious

1 hour ago, johnboy3434 said:

I was born before 1997. Am I not modern? Am I not hip to the jive, soul brother? Lol, reminds me of, I have nipples Greg, cam you milk me?

Ive never read a comic book in my like. a few years ago when my 10 year old niece said she wanted to buy a graphic novel, I told her she was too young for a violent book. Lol. I wouldn't know if Hancock was a CB or marvel/dc if it was

The modern era to me is post Star Wars when special effects took a leap. I grew up watching the 50 and 60s SM and BM reruns along with Addams famil and munsters.  Superman 78 is definitely the modern era so to speak compared to those shows.

19 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Finally caught up on the last 15+ pages...... y'all know how to beat a dead horse....

As for Today's numbers - BvS being beat by The Boss with a less than 8m 3rd(!) Friday is terrible.... no other way to explain it.

Decent for Boss but knowing the potential that Melissa's films have when they are good it's a bit disheartening.

Don't know what to say about Zoo and the rest of the Friday increases very odd weekend....

and the horse gets whooped one more time on the way to the alpo factory

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Isn't one of the mods going to update the thread title with hasan's Google Trends #s?

18 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

lol

tomorrows god is todays visionary, you laugh now but may he be merciful upon you when you beg for numbers and Rth not cometh around:lol:

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

I had two problems with the movie.

Reveal hidden contents

Those moments felt heavy-handed to me.

Otherwise I loved it and I hope it keeps doing well. 

tumblr_inline_mqisxdKbR81qz4rgp.gif

I saw the movie (as well as The Boss, thoughts on both coming tomorrow) today and disagree on both of those points. Will elaborate in the morning if need be in the film's thread.

Edited by filmlover

4 hours ago, hasanahmad said:

according to google trends

BvS will make 9.5 million today

The Boss is collapsing . it remains flat with 8.5 million

9.5 would be a 58% jump. I was expecting 60% as once spring break is over the Sat jumps go up. F7's went from 35% Sat to 55% Sat a week later. BVS had a 49% Sat last week so thought 60-65% was possbile this Sat.

8.5 for Boss would be good. Remember it made 1m in previews. So 8.5 would be up from 7.1m true Friday. In the OW Sat bumps are always muted. 'Collapsing' is silly word to use right now for Boss.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blank Panther said:

There was like no marketing. I saw one trailer, and it was with Room, which didn't exactly set the box office on fire. Can't blame it on either of them; this shouldn't have started wide.

It would've tanked no matter what. After the tepid reception at TIFF, they banished it to April and left it for dead.