kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

13 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Wow, I am now more worried than ever. I am a BIG Marvel fan, I see a LOT of movies (more than 100 in the theater last year), and yet until you posted this, i did NOT know that Spider-Man was appearing in Civil War! Disney is obviously not doing a good job marketing this, lol. Heck, I knew Wonder Woman was appearing in BvS months ago.

Marvel hasnt really gone out of their way to make a big deal out of SpiderMan - he was only shown in the last trailer. In terms of marketing Spider-man is being treated as a nice addition but the film is not being sold on the basis of "See Spider-Man and The Avenergs Onscreen for the FIRST TIME EVER!!!" which seems smart. The early word has been that Marvel know they have a solid film on their hands and so they probably dont want to gimmick up the marketing too much - particularly for a character whose sort of "on loan" to them/shared with another studio.

1 minute ago, HAL 9000 said:

Marvel hasnt really gone out of their way to make a big deal out of SpiderMan - he was only shown in the last trailer. In terms of marketing Spider-man is being treated as a nice addition but the film is not being sold on the basis of "See Spider-Man and The Avenergs Onscreen for the FIRST TIME EVER!!!" which seems smart. The early word has been that Marvel know they have a solid film on their hands and so they probably dont want to gimmick up the marketing too much - particularly for a character whose sort of "on loan" to them/shared with another studio.

He's literally the money shot at the end of the main trailer.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Wow, talk about setting a movie up for failure! A series that has done $176m DOM/$370m WW and $260m DOM/$714m WW will be a failure if its latest doesn't do $400m/$1.2B? And a character whose last appearance was in Ultron, itself a relative disappointment? 

IMO, that's a herculean bar to cross.

I expect CW to do about $235m DOM/$700m WW, and if it does that it's a success. 

No movie with Iron Man in it has done less than $300M domestic, but you expect this to actually decrease from the Winter Soldier?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Wow, I am now more worried than ever. I am a BIG Marvel fan, I see a LOT of movies (more than 100 in the theater last year), and yet until you posted this, i did NOT know that Spider-Man was appearing in Civil War! Disney is obviously not doing a good job marketing this, lol. Heck, I knew Wonder Woman was appearing in BvS months ago.

OK, with Spidey involved, it has to hit $300m DOM to not be a disappointment. 

PS - did not intend to put words in your mouth. To me, "disappointment" and "failure" are pretty close conceptually. Sorry about that. 

You're a big fan who doesn't watch the trailers.  :huh:

Forget Spider-Man, he'll help but IM3 made $1.2 BILLION.  No IM movie even unadjusted made less than $312m domestic and he's the second biggest character in the movie.  

Adjusted:

1 Iron Man 3 :   $424,632,700        
2 Iron Man :     $385,808,100        
3 Iron Man 2:   $341,908,200        

• Like 3

Do you have a source for that?

Critic tweets, in an article I read yesterday. I am sure if you really want to verify you can search a bit. It was like 10 minutes parker, 20 minutes Spidey and article name was something like, there is more Spiderman than you think in civil war.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Melissa McCarthy will always be Sookie and Molly as a contrast, though. What is Adam Sandlers change up?
I think it will do Melissas career very good, reminding people, what a great character brought her to what she is today. 

Molly from Mike and Molly a great character? :rofl:

55 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Wow, talk about setting a movie up for failure! A series that has done $176m DOM/$370m WW and $260m DOM/$714m WW will be a failure if its latest doesn't do $400m/$1.2B? And a character whose last appearance was in Ultron, itself a relative disappointment? 

Okay, ignoring everything you just learned about Civil War, you thought that CW would drop from TWS?  ?

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Lolwut.

Civil War is getting past $300 million domestic, man.

Mellisa McCarthy and Adam Sandler should do a movie together.

It should be written by Sandler, directed by McCarthy's husband and produced by Happy Madison.

Then we should have a thread dedicated to the RT Watch.

No but seriously, they should do a movie together. It would open 50m with good marketing.

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Mellisa McCarthy and Adam Sandler should do a movie together.

It should be written by Sandler, directed by McCarthy's husband and produced by Happy Madison.

Then we should have a thread dedicated to the RT Watch.

No but seriously, they should do a movie together. It would open 50m with good marketing.

Forget Sandler, McCarthy should do a comedy with Jim Carrey.

11 minutes ago, SWXII said:

5 days until The Jungle Book gnaws the legs of Zootopia.

#thecircleoflife

Not the first time Zootopia will have it's legs gnawed at by a mega-opener. Hopefully like before it will pass the test with flying colors. TJB is getting rave buzz though, so will slow down Zootopia initially but I feel it will stabilize in a few days and carry on.

Edited by a2knet

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's BvS's IMAX, RPX and 3D screens it will be gnawing on.

Too late.

300M+ DOM

800M+ WW

Despite a 29 RT scam. And unprecedented troll attacks. 

And it is all archived in the Lex-Files. :redcapes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAL 9000 said:

This movie has more characters than both of the avengers , and yes , it's the first time spiderman will join the MCU universe and the first time for black panther.Spiderman was the whole point of the second trailer too and the thing everyone talked about after the second trailer. Marvel could have kept Spiderman hidden till the movie but they used him in the second trailer for a reason and for marketing purposes. Not that it's a bad thing , I think it's very smart. I'm just baffled by people saying they didn't use spiderman to hype the movie.

Edited by Emerald kikyou