kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 2.72 M BVS: DOJ | 1.58 M ZOOTOPIA

http://deadline.com/2016/04/the-weekend-box-office-batman-v-superman-melissa-mccarthy-1201734178/

Universal’s R-rated Melissa McCarthy comedy The Boss drew $985K from 7PM shows last night at 2,533 theaters, however, Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice continued to rule supreme with a No. 1 take of $2.7M at 4,256.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

With $2.7m + $270.5m=$273.2m domestic going into the weekend.

It's feasible it could just barely scratch $300m this weekend but unlikely. The drop will be over 50%, we all agree on that?

I have it at around 55% at the very most, and that's around $23m. A 60% drop would get to $20.5m. 

25 minutes ago, Eastwood51 said:

If I had to compare a week to week trend, it certainly doesn't look like it's going to recover any business this weekend. All the stats seem to point to another drop in the mid 60's.

The Friday increase would have to be about 90% for that to happen. Last weeks increase was 98% from much bigger weekdays. Last weekend multiplier was 3.42. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The Friday increase would have to be about 90% for that to happen. Last weeks increase was 98% from much bigger weekdays. Last weekend multiplier was 3.42. 

So you think it will crash harder?

Does anyone else find it amusing that SWXII is picking on a kids' movie rather than anything in vaguely the same genre/age range as BVS?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, brownies said:

Compare to yesterday number i think bvs start to stabilized?

It has 'stabilized' under F7 since the first Tuesday and never went back. It's going to get uglier next week, and the most positive scenario I can see is a 55% drop for a $23m weekend. You tell me. 

4 minutes ago, Sal said:

Does anyone else find it amusing that SWXII is picking on a kids' movie rather than anything in vaguely the same genre/age range as BVS?

Well, it's not going to out gross Deadpool so he's gotta have something to route for it to pass lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sal said:

It's his/her last defense left...lash out at a much better film that is loved by audiences...it makes perfect sense.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sal said:

No, he disliked Zootopia ever since he saw it in early March. He also pumps up The Jungle Book.