CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

You should be following the Civil War thread though (the actual one, not the spoiler one, haven't gone in there since it was screened). It's sexy.

Too bad that Ted Cruz talk got deleted :P

1 hour ago, Treetrunk Special said:

I know it's been talked about for years but I don't think his Animal Farm is ever gonna get made. It would be expensive and it's hard to justify that when the film would have a limited audience. Most adult dramas aren't laiden with expensive effects.

Especially since his Jungle Book will likely Bomb (good or not) simply because it was best to the punch.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Too bad that Ted Cruz talk got deleted :P

I thought it was because the mods snapped because someone posted a gif of one of the actresses in a thong and made the thread NSFW. The double standards of this forum, tsk tsk.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I thought it was because the mods snapped because someone posted a gif of one of the actresses in a thong and made the thread NSFW. The double standards of this forum, tsk tsk.

I mean, the farthest we've gone to with the guys was Evans in the whipped cream gif, and that was in a spoiler tag. That other dude posted the booty all out and everywhere. :rofl:

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I lose my interest in the run of a movie after they go under 20M weekend. I am not sure how people are able to keep interested in movies when they are doing 8-9M.

I am far more interested in knowing more about that Jungle Book Sunday drop.

So you never followed Sisters's BO then?

That was a great run. Never made 14m once during a weekend, still made 87m in total.

Edited by department store basement

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You must be uninterested in box office often, then. ;)

Well, there is usually always a movie over 20M on every weekend, so...

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

That was a great run. Never made 14m once during a weekend, still made 87m in total.

CJohn thought the original My Big Fat Greek Wedding's run was the most boring thing ever.

• Like 3

On 16/4/2016 at 0:06 AM, SWXII said:

That too for sure.

BvS should be around 820M+ after the weekend. Not bad after being burdened with a 29RT and a coordinated campaign to destroy it. Not bad at all.

agreed indeed with this.

On 16/4/2016 at 1:01 AM, The Futurist said:

Shit just got real.

Who opens the 

Jungle Book over BvS Dom ?

On 16/4/2016 at 1:02 AM, Jayhawk said:

I think it's happening.

don't think so

22 hours ago, The Futurist said:

#Tim_Miller

#Jon_Favreau

#Russos_Bros

#Visionary_Directors

IM 2 was a real masterpiece alright :lol:

18 hours ago, picores said:

Anyway, before Civil War arrives we have:

The Jungle Book - 370m

Deadpool - 365m

Zootopia - 335m

Batmn V Superman - 325m

Incredible.

so you have been to the future i see

16 hours ago, Fromthegrave said:

Why are people still debating BvS profitability? What a joke. This argument was dead and buried a while ago. BvS, will at the end overall, when including home video sales and merchandising profits, be very comfortably profitable. Period.

yep its a success and only the 2nd movie for DCEU. JL will be in a totally different tone and will be more accesable to the general audience and will be better for repeat business. BvS is a very dark movie. JL will not be

14 hours ago, zackzack said:

It's a very badly directed but the movie never got the scorn of humanity like BvS. I am not a big defender of BvS: The only thing I like about BvS is the trailer. And Snyder is great visuals but kinda hopeless in a big massive commercial machinery they are to build to fight MCU. Still, the amount of hate & ridicule is worse than reality TV. Just a series of god-awful smear campaign, scorched earth policy of the highest order. It almost feels like it's organized. With the hype building on Suicide Squad & a solo Batman movie, I guess Warner seems to have a knack/preference for the edgier, darker, more violent, ethically challenged superheroes/villains rather than "good ole boy" superheroes like Superman or Green Lantern. 

agreed the hate BvS has gotten is insane. Its like a freakin cult trying to tear it down. Just crazy stuff

10 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I am curious how much the horrid WOM(sub 2x) of BvS is gonna effect the opening of Justice League.  Man of Steel had a mixed reception to say the least, but throwing Batman / Wonder Woman into the sequel negated that.  But now that the big 3 have been in the same movie together, what exactly is gonna be the allure for Justice League?  Aquaman and Flash? lol...

JL will be totally different. It will be lighter, it will be more fun and it will finally see all these heroes together like the avengers having onscreen chemistry with each other through out the movie..

7 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

But that's not how the movie came across though with the inclusion of WONDER WOMAN, then the glorified cameo's of the other members and I just think the general audience doesn't care.. It's basically a case where 1 studio beat another studio t the punch and anything after that comes across as a "Wannabe"..

have you even seen BvS. Because it sure does not sound like you have any clue what you are talking about

6 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

RIP BvS and DCCU. Epic drop is epic.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/0c/0cffce2068c5597f1566ac2174ddb419d7565f3c3a13cb08a49df2feffa50b59.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

CJohn thought the original My Big Fat Greek Wedding's run was the most boring thing ever.

I didn't follow box office back then and that is an exception because it is a movie that expanded in time. It didn't went wide from the start. So those don't count. I am following Eye in the Sky for example, shame it didn't had any more expansions.

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I only realized Sisters was around 80M on the MLK weekend. Never gave a shit about his run. Good movie, tho.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well, to normal people, it is pretty fucking boring.

Just like everything we're talking about here is, really.

9 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

Especially since his Jungle Book will likely Bomb (good or not) simply because it was best to the punch.

Yeah, it seems bad to call something a bomb 2 years before release, but I can't see how it gets out of the shadow of this movie. regardless, I can't wait to see how Andy Serkis makes a movie. 

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, whenever we've had two movies in relatively close proximity that cover the exact same material (an adaptation of a public domain story, a biopic of a real person, etc.), has it ever turned that they both became successful in the end? Or has one of them always been the red-headed stepchild?

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Whenever I read mredman posts I can hear Eye of the Tiger playing.

He's basically becoming Glenn Close at the end of Fatal Attraction in his defense of Batman v Superman's legs. No matter what happens, just won't die for good.

1 minute ago, johnboy3434 said:

Out of curiosity, whenever we've had two movies in relatively close proximity that cover the exact same material (an adaptation of a public domain story, a biopic of a real person, etc.), has it ever turned that they both became successful in the end? Or has one of them always been the red-headed stepchild?

Well there's Deep Impact and Armageddon.

• Like 2