CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

7 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

So were poor Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain contractually obligated to do Hunstman? And was Charlize just greedy? I like all three of them but I want it to BOMB. 

Charlize Theron wanted that 10M patcheck.

Jessica Chastain was contractually forced.

Emily Blunt wanted that 5-7M paycheck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, syntaxerror said:

Can Jungle Book reinvigorate the flagging popularity of CGI?

I was a big critic of CGI for most movies. But something has changed. First noticed it with JW.

George Lucas was right. 

Just now, CJohn said:

It s pathetic that Charlize only could ask 10m, same paycheck as Thor because-thanx to the Sony hacks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

lmao i like blunt but which hits exactly entitle her to getting that sort of paycheck for this bullshit? 

11 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Jesus Christ.

I saw a breakout coming (was thinking $93M), but this is still completely insane, especially if it hits $44M. That would match Alice's Saturday.

Really hoping the massive global total jump starts the stock next week ahead of big projections from Civil War. Film is a small component of Disney but there is a lot of upside surprise in the division this 1/4.

• Like 3

The problem is that Lion King is not that old, so it s already modern in tone compared to the 1967's Jungle Book for example.

2016's JB & 1967's JB have lots of differences.

Don't know what approach would work for a new Lion King since the 1994's didn't really age tone & story wise.

Doing almost the exact same movie but in CGI, not sure what would be the point in this ?

How can they update the 1994's film ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2